Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » UML2 » UML2 metamodel(download UML2 metamodel)
UML2 metamodel [message #529189] Fri, 23 April 2010 11:06 Go to next message
Tforu  is currently offline Tforu Friend
Hallo!
I use mediniQVT tool(QVT Relations), where metamodel for UML2 representation is registret from this link:
http://www.eclipse.org/uml2/2.1.0/UML
for my transformations I need to know what elenets, with what dependencies is there, so there is a question -
Can I, and where, download this package (only Use Case metamodel needed) ecore or else representation???? May be at least anywhere is some pictural representation of this metamodel?
Re: UML2 metamodel [message #529203 is a reply to message #529189] Fri, 23 April 2010 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wafaa is currently offline wafaaFriend
hello

many questions exist about UML metamodel, but let me explain 2 views and I hope to know ur against view,

1-UML metamodel is included in the UML2 plugin in ur eclipse
2- Graphical notation for this metamodel are deduced by more reading the UML specificaion have a look to it in the OMG site and at the book "Real-Time Object Uniform Design Methodology with UML.pdf" page 181 is about usecase
useful thread

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=166240& amp; amp; amp; amp;start=0&

this is the book url, i redownload it

http://www.2shared.com/file/12766650/c41b81f1/Real-Time_Obje ct_Uniform_Desig.html

and about how to make mapping is by relating stereotypes with corresponding metaclasses.
first define ur stereotypes then follow the tutorial "introduction to uml profile" u will see there how to make the ,mapping

let me know if u have more question or needed explanation

wafaa

[Updated on: Fri, 23 April 2010 12:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: UML2 metamodel [message #529289 is a reply to message #529203] Fri, 23 April 2010 17:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for reply, but problem is in this UML metamodel( precize UseCase):
I want to download(ecore if possible) it or see how metamodel looks like, but in eclipse I cant find this metamodel
Any sugestions???
Re: UML2 metamodel [message #529309 is a reply to message #529289] Fri, 23 April 2010 18:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ur link doesnot work
404 File not found

hope u check it ana graphical notation exists in the book attached above as I mentioned, it is for use case ,

I guess u understand it well and then create it by ur hands, if it is complicated just simplify it

hope u success

[Updated on: Fri, 23 April 2010 18:51]

Re: UML2 metamodel [message #529313 is a reply to message #529309] Fri, 23 April 2010 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I need THIS metamodel, in this link!!!
link dosnt work, like simple link, if it will work ,I wasnt writing here. If I attach it like plugin, program find metamodel!!
I can make my metamodel of UseCases, but then my transformation will be not independent!
Whenever thanks for reply...

So any sugstions where take this:
metamodel?
Im asking because this is eclipse link, and maybe anyone know where to take it?

[Updated on: Fri, 23 April 2010 19:23]

Re: UML2 metamodel [message #529318 is a reply to message #529313] Fri, 23 April 2010 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
That's not a link. It's the nsURI (namespace URI) of the UML model.
These models are in nested in the models folder org.eclipse.uml2.uml*.jar.

Tforu wrote:
> I need THIS metamodel, in this link!!!
> link dosnt work, like simple link, if it will work ,I wasnt writing
> here. If I attach it like plugin, program find metamodel!!
> I can make my metamodel of UseCases, but then my transformation will
> be not independent!
> Wethere thanks for reply...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: UML2 metamodel [message #529329 is a reply to message #529318] Fri, 23 April 2010 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks

[Updated on: Fri, 23 April 2010 20:46]

Re: UML2 metamodel [message #529370 is a reply to message #529329] Sat, 24 April 2010 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsten Reckord is currently offline Carsten ReckordFriend
On 23.04.2010 22:31, Tforu wrote:
> Can you please explain how to open this .jar files, to see this metamodels?
> There are a lot of files org.eclipse.uml2.uml*.jar. like.
>
> for intance I have file:
> org.eclipse.uml2.uml_2.2.1.v200808251630.jar
> I think there is information what I need, but how to get this information from there?? It is possible?
> :?

You can just open them with any zip utility (like 7-zip). Or you can use eclipse to import them into your workspace.

To do that, do File->Import->Plugins and Features. On the following Wizard page, in the "Import as" section, make sure that "Projects with
Source Folders" is selected. On the following page, select org.eclipse.uml2.uml and org.eclipse.uml2.uml.resources to be imported. Click Finish.

You now should have those two projects in your workspace. In the org.eclipse.uml2.uml project, you'll find ecore models for the UML2
metamodels. The one you're looking for is UML.ecore. The org.eclipse.uml2.uml.resources project contains the UML2 metamodel as a UML model,
as well as various library models and profiles.
Re: UML2 metamodel [message #529431 is a reply to message #529370] Sun, 25 April 2010 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsten Reckord wrote on Sat, 24 April 2010 04:20
>
> I think there is information what I need, but how to get this information from there?? It is possible?
> Confused

You can just open them with any zip utility (like 7-zip). Or you can use eclipse to import them into your workspace.

To do that, do File->Import->Plugins and Features. On the following Wizard page, in the "Import as" section, make sure that "Projects with
Source Folders" is selected. On the following page, select org.eclipse.uml2.uml and org.eclipse.uml2.uml.resources to be imported. Click Finish.

You now should have those two projects in your workspace. In the org.eclipse.uml2.uml project, you'll find ecore models for the UML2
metamodels. The one you're looking for is UML.ecore. The org.eclipse.uml2.uml.resources project contains the UML2 metamodel as a UML model,

Waw , that is great.
I really hear that for first time and I have similar task, I was gana create it my hands. Thank u all for ur response and thanks to the question owner.

Re: UML2 metamodel [message #628391 is a reply to message #529313] Fri, 23 April 2010 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
That's not a link. It's the nsURI (namespace URI) of the UML model.
These models are in nested in the models folder org.eclipse.uml2.uml*.jar.

Tforu wrote:
> I need THIS metamodel, in this link!!!
> link dosnt work, like simple link, if it will work ,I wasnt writing
> here. If I attach it like plugin, program find metamodel!!
> I can make my metamodel of UseCases, but then my transformation will
> be not independent!
> Wethere thanks for reply...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: UML2 metamodel [message #628392 is a reply to message #529318] Fri, 23 April 2010 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can you please explain how to open this .jar files, to see this metamodels?
There are a lot of files org.eclipse.uml2.uml*.jar. like.

for intance I have file:
org.eclipse.uml2.uml_2.2.1.v200808251630.jar
I think there is information what I need, but how to get this information from there?? It is possible?
:?
Re: UML2 metamodel [message #628393 is a reply to message #529329] Sat, 24 April 2010 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsten Reckord is currently offline Carsten ReckordFriend
>
> :?

Re: UML2 metamodel [message #628394 is a reply to message #529370] Sun, 25 April 2010 11:25 Go to previous message
Carsten Reckord wrote on Sat, 24 April 2010 04:20
> On 23.04.2010 22:31, Tforu wrote:
> > Can you please explain how to open this .jar files, to see this metamodels?
> > There are a lot of files org.eclipse.uml2.uml*.jar. like.
> >
> > for intance I have file:
> > org.eclipse.uml2.uml_2.2.1.v200808251630.jar
> > I think there is information what I need, but how to get this information from there?? It is possible?
> > :?
>
> You can just open them with any zip utility (like 7-zip). Or you can use eclipse to import them into your workspace.
>
> To do that, do File->Import->Plugins and Features. On the following Wizard page, in the "Import as" section, make sure that "Projects with
> Source Folders" is selected. On the following page, select org.eclipse.uml2.uml and org.eclipse.uml2.uml.resources to be imported. Click Finish.
>
> You now should have those two projects in your workspace. In the org.eclipse.uml2.uml project, you'll find ecore models for the UML2
> metamodels. The one you're looking for is UML.ecore. The org.eclipse.uml2.uml.resources project contains the UML2 metamodel as a UML model,
> as well as various library models and profiles.

Waw , that is great.
I really hear that for first time and I have similar task, I was gana create it my hands. Thank u all for ur response and thanks to the question owner.
Previous Topic:Re: UML2 metamodel
Next Topic:Model export retaining portable primitive types
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:09:17 GMT 2024