Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Maven Integration (M2E) » Missing Project Properties in Maven Project
Missing Project Properties in Maven Project [message #529088] Thu, 22 April 2010 21:38 Go to next message
Shelli Orton is currently offline Shelli OrtonFriend
Hi,

I am using Galileo.

I am very new to Maven and m2eclipse and I created a multi-module project as per the advice here: http://www.waltercedric.com/java-j2ee-mainmenu-53/361-maven- build-system/1363-maven-multi-module-support-in-m2eclipse.ht ml

The project looks like this in the file system (please excuse all the dashes, can't figure out how to include non-breaking space in post):

ParentProject
|-- pom.xml
|-- ModuleA
----|-- pom.xml
|-- ModuleB
----|-- pom.xml
|-- ModuleC
----|-- pom.xml

In both Package and Project Explorer, they are flattened, like separate projects:

ParentProject
|-- pom.xml
ModuleA
|-- pom.xml
ModuleB
|-- pom.xml
ModuleC
|-- pom.xml

When I bring up the project Properties for any of the "projects", including the "real" parent one, many of the normal menu choices are not displayed, including "Java Build Path".

So, I can't set the build path to use my local repository files and Eclipse can't resolve my imports. This results in my code being covered in red squiggly lines and it's difficult to determine the real compile errors.

I created a single module/normal Maven project and the Properties are available in it.

Does anyone know if this is expected behaviour? Is there a way for me to set my local build path and get rid of the errors?

Thanks in advance!
Re: Missing Project Properties in Maven Project [message #529089 is a reply to message #529088] Thu, 22 April 2010 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've also discovered that the multi-module project does not have the Java Builder in the list of Builders, only Maven Project Builder. I can't seem to add Java Builder to the project. I suspect if I could then my missing Properties would be available.

Anyone know how to add the Java Builder?
Re: Missing Project Properties in Maven Project [message #529092 is a reply to message #529088] Thu, 22 April 2010 22:15 Go to previous message
The solution was to manually update the .project file to inlcude the following:

<buildSpec>
<buildCommand>
<name>org.eclipse.jdt.core.javabuilder</name>
<arguments>
</arguments>
</buildCommand>
</buildSpec>

<natures>
<nature>org.eclipse.jdt.core.javanature</nature>
</natures>

Not sure why they weren't included in the Maven project in the first place or why Java Builder isn't an option to add via Properties.
Previous Topic:Custom Run Config
Next Topic:m2eclipse fails to go through HTTP proxy
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:32:53 GMT 2024