Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » UML2 » Model export retaining portable primitive types(tool interoperability)
Model export retaining portable primitive types [message #528865] Thu, 22 April 2010 08:38 Go to next message
Mobius  is currently offline Mobius Friend

Hi there,

This is a transfer of
Model export retaining portable primitive types [message #528717] In the EMF group.

My full problem: I'm working with Sparx Enterprise architect ( not by choice ). I wan't to import a standardized set services (wsdl + xsd) in this case the Oasis CMIS set (but eventually others like Oagis too) and make a sensible reusable information model (class model).

Sparx EA doesn't do this very well, so I want to convert the xsd set to a model in Eclipse (quiet nice ecore model, handles xsd's very well) than export the model to Sparx EA.

I would prefer to import to UML2 directly, but don't know how.

when exporting the ecore model the references to primitive types will still be references to the ecore resources (e.g. <type xmi:type="uml:PrimitiveType" href=" pathmap://UML_LIBRARIES/XMLPrimitiveTypes.library.uml#String"/>). Ofcourse Sparx EA can't handle this.

Question: how do I make my promitive types portable in export?

Best Regards,

Mobius
Re: Model export retaining portable primitive types [message #529509 is a reply to message #528865] Mon, 26 April 2010 08:39 Go to previous message
Mobius  is currently offline Mobius Friend

LS,

The following works for Sparx EA:
find/replace
pathmap://UML_LIBRARIES/XMLPrimitiveTypes.library.uml#
by
http://schema.omg.org/spec/UML/2.1/uml.xml#
find/replace
EFeatureMapEntry
by
anyType

In Sparx you should import the primitive types package from the site (see help).

Can be closed.

best Regards,

Mobius
Previous Topic:UML2 metamodel
Next Topic:Model export retaining portable primitive types
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:31:10 GMT 2024