Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » PageBook layout changes after selection(How can I preserve the layout on composites in the PageBook?)
PageBook layout changes after selection [message #528550] Tue, 20 April 2010 22:28 Go to next message
Mark Leone is currently offline Mark LeoneFriend
I have a PageBook with three composites, whcih are each displayed in turn by calling showPage() with one of the Composites as an argument.

The first time I show a given Composite, it's laid out as I want it to be. But then when I switch to another Composite, its layout is all messed up, although it would have looked fine had I shown it first instead of the other one. And likewise, when I show the original Composite again, its layout is messed up.

I've tried various combinations of invoking redraw() and layout() on each composite and on the PageBook before showing a different Composite. But no matter what I do, I can't get the PageBook to show a Composite properly after switching to or from it.
Re: PageBook layout changes after selection [message #528833 is a reply to message #528550] Thu, 22 April 2010 03:49 Go to previous message
Mark Leone is currently offline Mark LeoneFriend
This was a cockpit error. The PageBook is inside a PageBookView, and I failed to specify the correct parent in the createControl() method of the IPage instance that holds the PageBook I was having the problem with. I had forgotten to use getPageBook() as the parent for created controls, instead of the Composite argument passed to createControls().
Previous Topic:Custom backing store for Preferences? to XML file perhaps?
Next Topic:Communicating between Editors or multiple files per editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:13:22 GMT 2024