Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Bundle Activation Synchronization(Problem synchronizing bundle activations)
Bundle Activation Synchronization [message #528156] Mon, 19 April 2010 14:40 Go to next message
Jonathan Gossage is currently offline Jonathan GossageFriend
I am new to Equinox and am teaching myself using the book "OSGi and Equinox". I am using the Helios (M6) RCP base (32 bit) with Sun JVM 1.6.0_20 (32 bit) running on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

I have encountered a problem when working in Chapter 5 "Services". The problem occurs whether I create the code manually or use the code provided by the book's Sample Manager.

Essentially this chapter asks you to create three bundles A, B, C. B and C provide services that are consumed by A and are defined as dependencies of A. B and C self-register themselves as service providers in their bundle activation method. A locates and links to the services supplied by B and C in A's bundle activation method.

When I run the application, I get the following console output:

osgi> Airbag Registration{org.equinoxosgi.toast.dev.airbag.IAirbag}={serv ice.id=31}
Launching Emergency Monitor
Unable to acquire GPS service reference!
Emergency Monitor failed to start!
Gps Service Registration{org.equinoxosgi.toast.dev.gps.IGps}={service.id =32}

What is happening here is that bundle A is being activated before bundle C has been activated and hence is not finding the service offered by bundle C. However, bundle C is finally activated, just not in time.

Since this happens with the sample code provided with the book, I am led to believe that there is a problem with Equinox in the environment I described above. Am I correct in my assessment and if so should I raise a bug report? Also if I raise a bug report would you like me to investigate the possible cause of the problem?
Re: Bundle Activation Synchronization [message #528171 is a reply to message #528156] Mon, 19 April 2010 15:12 Go to previous message
Jonathan Gossage is currently offline Jonathan GossageFriend
I apologize for the noise. I did not read far enough in the book (too late at night Embarrassed
Previous Topic:Update site
Next Topic:How to automate converting JAR + Source Zip to p2 repository with plugin + source attachment
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:59:23 GMT 2024