Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Custom Cursor Color and Installation Problem
Custom Cursor Color and Installation Problem [message #528105] Mon, 19 April 2010 11:35 Go to next message
Daoen Pan is currently offline Daoen PanFriend
hi all,

i do like the dark color theme for text editors. but the black I-Beam cursor in dark background is really annoying. Eclipse can not change the color of the cursor.

so i have extended it to support custom cursor color. see the two screenshot for the result,

http://dev.consideo-ag.com/downloads/ibeam.png
http://dev.consideo-ag.com/downloads/cursor_pref.png

but i can not install the two extended plugins in my eclipse, the plugins are org.eclipse.ui.editors and org.eclipse.ui.workbench.texteditor. i have try to copy the two plugins into dropin or plugin folders, with and without deleting the old versions,
with and without version incrementation of the new plugins.

if i delete the old versions, then java.lang.RuntimeException: Application "org.eclipse.ui.ide.workbench" could not be found in the registry.

if not, then eclipse use the old version.

how can i install them? thank in advance.
Re: Custom Cursor Color and Installation Problem [message #528107 is a reply to message #528105] Mon, 19 April 2010 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My eclipse version is 3.6M6.
Re: Custom Cursor Color and Installation Problem [message #528226 is a reply to message #528105] Mon, 19 April 2010 18:19 Go to previous message
Laughing, it works now, the trick is qualifier replacement should be set as same as replaced plugin when export.
Previous Topic:What is the NG to ask questions re. the JavaScript editor?
Next Topic:Is it possible to stop an editor from being restored if it is open when the workbench is closed?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 07:03:26 GMT 2024