Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » JSF/JSP 100% cpu/hang on content-assist(JSF/JSP 100% cpu/hang on content-assist)
JSF/JSP 100% cpu/hang on content-assist [message #527638] Thu, 15 April 2010 20:48 Go to next message
Jim Boden is currently offline Jim BodenFriend
This works great in eclipse 3.3, but starting in 3.4 and 3.5, I see a big problem with trying to do content-assist (ctrl-space) on a jspx page. I've now found a repeatable work-around and break cycle so hopefully someone can help find the issue.

I see this on a project with about medium sized beans. I don't really see it on demo/small beans. So I'm editing a jspx file and get to a place like:

<h:outputText value="#{MyBean.

And right there, I click ctrl-space. Eclipse then pegs at 100% cpu for about 10-20 seconds, then comes back with the list of variables/methods.

Now I close eclipse and edit my faces-config.xml file with a text editor. I then restart eclipse and if I check the log file, I'll see exceptions about the faces-config.xml file resource out of sync. org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.ResourceException.

From here on out, the content-assist / autocomplete works great. If I ever click refresh (F5) on the project/faces file, it will refresh and go back to taking up high cpu.

So something about the exception must stop a type of validation that hangs the content-assist.

Anyone have an idea of what this could be?

Thanks!
Re: JSF/JSP 100% cpu/hang on content-assist [message #528858 is a reply to message #527638] Thu, 22 April 2010 07:53 Go to previous message
tux_linux is currently offline tux_linuxFriend
same here, working in nativ java. I have no sollution on this, but I think it's more a problem on java than on eclipse.

greets
Torsten

I never finish anyth...
Previous Topic:Excluding source code control folders from .war build
Next Topic:How to install XML Editors and Tools SDK into CDT/JDT install?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:16:36 GMT 2024