Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » M2M (model-to-model transformation) » 'writeTo' issue with atl standalone transformation(It doesn't write the file...)
'writeTo' issue with atl standalone transformation [message #527382] Thu, 15 April 2010 06:45 Go to next message
Luca  is currently offline Luca Friend
I'm not using the last atl libraries for a standalone transformation (i.e. the AtlLauncher, AtlEMFModelHandler, ASMEMFModel classes), and everything works but the "writeTo" command, that prints the message on the console instead of the file that I specify, while if I run it from Eclipse it writes correctly the file.

So, what would I have to do to fix this? (an option to the virtual machine, or what?)

Thanks
Re: 'writeTo' issue with atl standalone transformation [message #527706 is a reply to message #527382] Fri, 16 April 2010 07:33 Go to previous message
Luca  is currently offline Luca Friend
I found the cause of that: trivially there was an 'error' in the code in which I created the string message (to be printed in the file), so all outputs were displayed on the console.

I didn't realize this before because from Eclipse it worked! actually, the last Atl version I installed in Eclipse permits to sum a string and an integer, while in the version I use for the standalone transformation I have to explicitly add toString() to the integer variable...

I hope this will help someone!
Previous Topic:[QVTo] Switch-statement with OclIsTypeOf()-function
Next Topic:ATL function writeTo(fileName : String) Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:00:13 GMT 2024