Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » M2M (model-to-model transformation) » [ATL] BPMN to UML Activity Diagram transformation problem([ATL] BPMN to UML Activity Diagram ATL transformation problem)
[ATL] BPMN to UML Activity Diagram transformation problem [message #527083] Tue, 13 April 2010 23:40 Go to next message
Mohamed Shalaby is currently offline Mohamed ShalabyFriend
Hello All,
Actually I'm a beginner in M2M and Ecore tools.
I'm trying to transform BPMN model that is generated by eclipse BPMN Modeler to UML-AD model which could be represented by the eclipse UML2 diagrams.
I'm using ATL for the transformation. I faced the below problems:

1- From where would I get bpmn.ecore metamodel file that eclipse BPMN Modeler does conform with?
--> I overcome this problem by getting this file from the BPMN source code. Please let me know if there is a better way to get the file.

2- From where would I get the uml.ecore metamodel file that eclise UML2 diagrams do conform with?
--->I overcome this problem by getting this file from the UM L2source code. Please let me know if there is a better way to get the file.

3- I created the source BPMN sample model using eclipse BPMN model and the two files have been created. I used the .bpmn file as the input file to the ATL module with the above .ecore metamodel files fon IN metamodel and OUT metamodel. But I received the below errors on console:

Resource for org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EClassImpl@12a4e43 (eProxyURI: platform:/resource/bpmn2AD/di.ecore#//Diagram) is null; cannot be referenced
Resource for org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EClassImpl@12a4e43 (eProxyURI: platform:/resource/bpmn2AD/di.ecore#//Diagram) is null; cannot be referenced

No Resource found, unable to extract to platform:/resource/bpmn2AD/generated.uml

Do you know why this exception has been thrown? I don't know if th .bpmn file is metamodel representation that the ATL will understand or no! If it is the right representation file, so what is the problem? If it is not the right file, how could I get the metamodel representation for my BPMN sample model?

Appreciating your help.

Thank you,
Mohamed Shalaby

[Updated on: Wed, 14 April 2010 23:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [ATL] BPMN to UML Activity Diagram transformation problem [message #655337 is a reply to message #527083] Sat, 19 February 2011 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lotfi  is currently offline lotfi Friend
Hi Mouhamed, how you could read the file. "BPMN" in ATL, I search the meta-BPMN accordance to Intalio and I have not found
Re: [ATL] BPMN to UML Activity Diagram transformation problem [message #685327 is a reply to message #655337] Fri, 17 June 2011 09:32 Go to previous message
EtienneB Mising name is currently offline EtienneB Mising nameFriend
Hi Mohamed,

I have a similar problem when trying to launch a stand-alone (java application) model transformations.

When loading the source metamodel (ecore file), I get a series of warning as follows:

Resource for org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EDataTypeImpl@44739f3f (eProxyURI: platform:/plugin/org.eclipse.emf.ecore/model/Ecore.ecore#//EFeatureMapEntry) is null; cannot be referenced

Do you have any idea how to fix this?
Etienne.
Previous Topic:[ATL] Meta-Model to model
Next Topic:[ATL]How to read annotations
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:00:40 GMT 2024