Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » internal vs. external browser when debugging(Eclipse switched to using external desktop browser; why?)
internal vs. external browser when debugging [message #526907] Tue, 13 April 2010 13:28 Go to next message
Jan Hettich is currently offline Jan HettichFriend
Yesterday I set up PDT for interactive debugging (against my localhost Apache server) with xDebug, and everything worked as expected. When I selected Run->Debug, or Run->Run, the web page would open in the internal browser within the Eclipse IDE.

Today, when I reopened Eclipse to the same project, the behavior is different. Eclipse now opens the requested web page in Safari on my desktop instead. Code breakpoints are still working inside Eclipse, but the user session is now taking place in the (external) Safari browser.

Is there some setting that controls this behavior? I would prefer to interact with the page via the internal browser while I am debugging.

Platform: OS X 10.6.2, Eclipse 3.5.1, xDebug 2.0.5, php 5.3.0.
Re: internal vs. external browser when debugging [message #527090 is a reply to message #526907] Wed, 14 April 2010 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
Try this.
Don't close Internal Web Browser when you exit eclipse.
or...
Open Web Browser first. (once just after starting eclipse)
or...
Click Window menu and Web Browser menu item first. (same as above)
Re: internal vs. external browser when debugging [message #822420 is a reply to message #527090] Fri, 16 March 2012 15:49 Go to previous message
John McBade is currently offline John McBadeFriend
Does Preferences > General > Web Browser settings help you get the result you are looking for?
Previous Topic:Can't configure and get Eclipse working as a PHP Editor
Next Topic:Fresh PDT install won't allow editing PHP files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:08:06 GMT 2024