Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Communications Framework (ECF) » Problem with ECF Hello examples
Problem with ECF Hello examples [message #526735] Mon, 12 April 2010 18:38 Go to next message
Jorge is currently offline JorgeFriend
Hello, I'm having trouble running the examples:

org.eclipse.ecf.internal.examples.remoteservices.hello
org.eclipse.ecf.internal.examples.remoteservices.hello.consu mer
org.eclipse.ecf.internal.examples.remoteservices.hello.host

The problem is that when I run, sometimes they work and make remote calls, and sometimes not. I thought it might be a problem with the port but even restarting the PC same thing happens. This is the log showing:

Host:

[log;+0200 2010.04.12 20:32:15:148;WARNING;org.eclipse.ecf.osgi.services.distribution;org.eclipse.core.runtime.Status[plugin=org.eclipse.ecf.osgi.services.distribution;code=2;message=org.eclipse.ecf.internal.osgi.services.distribution.DiscoveredServiceTrackerImpl:handleDiscoveredServiceAvailable:No local RemoteServiceContainers found for endpoint description=ServiceEndpointDescriptionImpl[;providedInterfaces=[org.eclipse.ecf.examples.remoteservices.hello.IHello];supportedConfigTypes[ecf.generic.server];serviceIntentsnull;location=null;remoteServiceId=0;discoveryServiceID=ServiceID[type=ServiceTypeID[typeName=_osgiservices._tcp.default._iana];location=osgiservices://192.168.1.101:3787;full=_osgiservices._tcp.default._iana@osgiservices://192.168.1.101:3787];endpointID=null;endpointAsID=StringID[ecftcp://localhost:3787/server];connectTargetID=null;remoteServicesFilter=null;props={ecf.rsvc.ns=ecf.namespace.generic.remoteservice, osgi.remote.service.interfaces=org.eclipse.ecf.examples.remoteservices.hello.IHello, ecf.sp.cns=org.eclipse.ecf.core.identity.StringID, ecf.rsvc.id=[B@10efd7c, ecf.sp.ect=ecf.generic.server, ecf.sp.cid=[B@12412e7}];severity2;exception=null;children=[]]]
Host: Hello Service Registered

Consumer:

osgi> [log;+0200 2010.04.12 20:32:28:488;WARNING;org.eclipse.ecf.osgi.services.distribution;org.eclipse.core.runtime.Status[plugin=org.eclipse.ecf.osgi.services.distribution;code=2;message=org.eclipse.ecf.internal.osgi.services.distribution.DiscoveredServiceTrackerImpl:handleDiscoveredServiceAvailable:No local RemoteServiceContainers found for endpoint description=org.eclipse.ecf.provider.localdiscovery.RemoteServiceEndpointDescriptionImpl@19a029e;severity2;exception=null;children=[]]]

Have you had this problem? Thanks for your help.

Re: Problem with ECF Hello examples [message #527072 is a reply to message #526735] Tue, 13 April 2010 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scott Lewis is currently offline Scott LewisFriend
Hi Jorge,

Jorge wrote:
> Hello, I'm having trouble running the examples:
>
> org.eclipse.ecf.internal.examples.remoteservices.hello
> org.eclipse.ecf.internal.examples.remoteservices.hello.consu mer
> org.eclipse.ecf.internal.examples.remoteservices.hello.host
>
> The problem is that when I run, sometimes they work and make remote
> calls, and sometimes not. I thought it might be a problem with the port
> but even restarting the PC same thing happens. This is the log showing:
>
>
> Host:
>
> [log;+0200 2010.04.12
> 20:32:15:148;WARNING;org.eclipse.ecf.osgi.services.distribut ion;org.eclipse.core.runtime.Status[plugin=org.eclipse.ecf.o sgi.services.distribution;code=2;message=org.eclipse.ecf.int ernal.osgi.services.distribution.DiscoveredServiceTrackerImp l:handleDiscoveredServiceAvailable:No
> local RemoteServiceContainers found for endpoint
> description=ServiceEndpointDescriptionImpl[;providedInterfac es=[org.eclipse.ecf.examples.remoteservices.hello.IHello];su pportedConfigTypes[ecf.generic.server];serviceIntentsnull;lo cation=null;remoteServiceId=0;discoveryServiceID=ServiceID[t ype=ServiceTypeID[typeName=_osgiservices._tcp.default._iana] ;location=osgiservices://192.168.1.101:3787;full= _osgiservices._tcp.default._iana@osgiservices://192.168.1.10 1:3787];endpointID=null;endpointAsID=StringID[ecftcp://localhost:3787/server ];connectTargetID=null;remoteServicesFilter=null;props={ecf. rsvc.ns=ecf.namespace.generic.remoteservice,
> osgi.remote.service.interfaces=org.eclipse.ecf.examples.remo teservices.hello.IHello,
> ecf.sp.cns=org.eclipse.ecf.core.identity.StringID,
> ecf.rsvc.id=[B@10efd7c, ecf.sp.ect=ecf.generic.server,
> ecf.sp.cid=[B@12412e7}];severity2;exception=null;children=[]]]
> Host: Hello Service Registered
>
> Consumer:
>
> osgi> [log;+0200 2010.04.12
> 20:32:28:488;WARNING;org.eclipse.ecf.osgi.services.distribut ion;org.eclipse.core.runtime.Status[plugin=org.eclipse.ecf.o sgi.services.distribution;code=2;message=org.eclipse.ecf.int ernal.osgi.services.distribution.DiscoveredServiceTrackerImp l:handleDiscoveredServiceAvailable:No
> local RemoteServiceContainers found for endpoint
> description= org.eclipse.ecf.provider.localdiscovery.RemoteServiceEndpoin tDescriptionImpl @19a029e;severity2;exception=null;children=[]]]

This message indicates that although the service is discovered, there
are no client remote service containers created to use it.

On the consumer/client side...which product are you starting from? It
looks like you are using the ECF generic provider on the service host
(i.e. ecf.generic.server is what is used on the host)...but are you
starting the client with -containerType ecf.generic.client (the default
is r-osgi...and since you are using the ecf.generic.server on the
service host the consumer does not have a compatible container type when
discovered, and that's why it says: "No local RemoteServiceContainers
found for endpoint...")

At least that's the way it looks. Not that the product configurations
(in products directory in hello.consumer project) have products that can
be used to determine which provider to use when launched. These
products just specify a command line parameter...e.g. -containerType
ecf.generic.client that specifies the type of container to create for/on
the client.

The main/important thing is that the container type is
appropriate/compatible on both ends (i.e. ecf.generic.server and
ecf.generic.client...or ecf.r-osgi.peer on both).

BTW, you can set a breakpoint on line 57 of
org.eclipse.ecf.internal.examples.remoteservices.hello.consu mer.HelloConsumerApplication
and you can see what the container type is by examining the value of the
containerType member variable.

Hope this helps. Please let all know if this does not fix what you are
experiencing.

Scott
Re: Problem with ECF Hello examples [message #527726 is a reply to message #527072] Fri, 16 April 2010 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Scott, thanks for your help, I checked that the container types are ecf.generic.client and ecf.generic.server, but I still have the problem. I'll try in Windows, because until now I was running on Ubuntu, but the examples have been updated to support Asynchronous Remote Services and I can not run with ECF 4.0.0.v20100215, when I get home, I'll try with the old hello examples. Thanks.
Re: Problem with ECF Hello examples [message #527877 is a reply to message #527726] Fri, 16 April 2010 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello, I have found that if I delete the directory .metadata (in workspace directory), examples are running perfectly the first time, the subsequent ones do not work (does not run the remote method).

[Updated on: Fri, 16 April 2010 18:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem with ECF Hello examples [message #527908 is a reply to message #527877] Fri, 16 April 2010 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jorge,

Jorge wrote:
> Hello, I have found that if I delete the directory .metadata, examples
> are running perfectly the first time, the subsequent ones do not work
> (does not run the remote method).

Do you mean .metadata for the runtime workspace?

If so, then this could be because of the OSGi runtime caching the bundle
state (i.e. started, etc). I don't immediately know why this would
affect the examples this way, but one workaround is to clear the
workspace for every invocation within the launch config (and then it
will behave like the first time every time).

Please report more on this if you can. I would like to understand why
this behaves this way...and don't understand it right now.

Scott
Re: Problem with ECF Hello examples [message #527945 is a reply to message #527908] Sat, 17 April 2010 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If I put the flag -clean in the consumer launch, works fine always. I think that's what you say, the OSGi runtime caching the bundle state. I will keep trying, thank very much for your help.

Jorge.
Re: Problem with ECF Hello examples [message #625198 is a reply to message #527072] Fri, 16 April 2010 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Scott, thanks for your help, I checked that the container types are ecf.generic.client and ecf.generic.server, but I still have the problem. I'll try in Windows, because until now I was running on Ubuntu, but the examples have been updated to support Asynchronous Remote Services and I can not run with ECF 4.0.0.v20100215, when I get home, I'll try with the old hello examples. Thanks.
Re: Problem with ECF Hello examples [message #625199 is a reply to message #625198] Fri, 16 April 2010 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello, I have found that if I delete the directory .metadata, examples are running perfectly the first time, the subsequent ones do not work (does not run the remote method).
Re: Problem with ECF Hello examples [message #625200 is a reply to message #527877] Fri, 16 April 2010 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jorge,

Jorge wrote:
> Hello, I have found that if I delete the directory .metadata, examples
> are running perfectly the first time, the subsequent ones do not work
> (does not run the remote method).

Do you mean .metadata for the runtime workspace?

If so, then this could be because of the OSGi runtime caching the bundle
state (i.e. started, etc). I don't immediately know why this would
affect the examples this way, but one workaround is to clear the
workspace for every invocation within the launch config (and then it
will behave like the first time every time).

Please report more on this if you can. I would like to understand why
this behaves this way...and don't understand it right now.

Scott
Re: Problem with ECF Hello examples [message #625202 is a reply to message #527908] Sat, 17 April 2010 08:06 Go to previous message
If I put the flag -clean in the consumer launch, works fine always. I think that's what you say, the OSGi runtime caching the bundle state. I will keep trying, thank very much for your help.

Jorge.
Previous Topic:Remote service registration using OSGi Blueprint
Next Topic:Remote service registration using OSGi Blueprint
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:31:43 GMT 2024