Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » UML2 Tools » Use classes of class diagram in sequence diagram
Use classes of class diagram in sequence diagram [message #526524] Mon, 12 April 2010 07:48 Go to next message
chamal Mising name is currently offline chamal Mising nameFriend
Hi,

I have created a class diagram with uml2_tools.
is there a way that I can reuse the classes in my class diagram in sequence diagrams created with uml2 tools.

So when I modify a method of class or class name, in class diagram it will get reflected in sequence diagram too.

Thanks,
Chamal.
Re: Use classes of class diagram in class diagram [message #542308 is a reply to message #526524] Thu, 24 June 2010 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rodolphe  is currently offline rodolphe Friend
Hello,

I need, on my side, to reuse classes in some of my class diagram on another class diagram.

How can I do that ? I think the solution is the same that to the problem above, so this post is some kinda bump.

thanks,

Rodolphe.

[Updated on: Thu, 24 June 2010 13:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Use classes of class diagram in class diagram [message #543749 is a reply to message #542308] Wed, 30 June 2010 13:28 Go to previous message
I found my answer and explained it there: http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&goto=54375 0&#msg_543750

But i don't think you can shortcut classes to a sequence diagram, since apparently it uses "lifelines" and not "classes"

[Updated on: Wed, 30 June 2010 13:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Use classes of class diagram in class diagram [message #625812 is a reply to message #542308] Wed, 30 June 2010 13:28 Go to previous message
okay, found the answer, It was quite simple:

1 - Open the diagram where you want to import your classes

2 - in your project explorer, expand the .uml file where there are the classes you want to reuse

3 - drag the classes from the explorer to the diagram editor. Your can also right click in the diagram and use "Create shortcut".

4 - Scream something like "OMG I did It!"

Beware you create a shortcut, and are not moving the class. a shortcut class has a windows-like shortcut icon on the display box.

If you move the class, it will be removed from the input diagram. (the associations and relationships will not be lost) you can move back the class but your styling (ie, positionning) will be lost.
Previous Topic:qualified association
Next Topic:How to install UML2-Tools on Helios
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:43:29 GMT 2024