Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » P2 dev » P2 enabled product headless update(Trying to update a product using a 3.4.2 headless build)
P2 enabled product headless update [message #526115] Thu, 08 April 2010 17:53
Fabian Baboschi is currently offline Fabian BaboschiFriend
I have a custom p2 enabled product with version 2.3.0 that uses Eclipse 3.4.2.

Doing new builds for this works perfectly, the repository generates all the metadata/artifact repositories with 2.3.1 product versions.

I have problems when trying to update the 2.3.0 version to the 2.3.1 version using these repositories. I also need to do this from the command line.

When updating from the UI, the Software Update wizard recognizes the fact that it needs to update the product and the update works (after restart the application uses the new plugins), but running from command line I get:

!MESSAGE Cannot find a solution where both "com.example.prod [2.3.1]" and "com.example.prod [2.3.0]" are satisfied.

This is the command line that I run to update the product to the new version:
>java -cp plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.101.R34x_v20081125. jar org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main -application org.eclipse
.equinox.p2.director.app.application -profile MyProfile -debug -consolelog -flavor my.build -profileProperties org.eclipse.update.install.features=true -destination c:\path\to\current\folder -p2.os win32 -p2.ws win32 -p2.arch x86 -artifactRepository file:/d:/path/to/repo -metadataRepository file:/D:/path/to/repo -installIU com.example.prod

I think that in 3.5 I can do -uninstallIU and -installIU from the same command, but here I get an Ambiguous Command error saying that I can't execute them both at the same time.

Was this ever possbile for 3.4.2? What am I doing wrong? How can I fix this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

[Updated on: Thu, 08 April 2010 17:54]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Eclipse 3.5.2, P2 Touchpoint, chmod
Next Topic:Set Timeout for p2 SiteMirrorTool
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:18:06 GMT 2024