Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Zend Debugger Cannot connect(Zend Debugger Cannot connect)
Zend Debugger Cannot connect [message #525748] Wed, 07 April 2010 16:31 Go to next message
Ali Ghorashi is currently offline Ali GhorashiFriend
Hello All,
I have installed the zend/pdt all in one eclipse on my linux machine. I have also installed the Zend debugger extension. I have also verified the correct installation by running phpInfo() and checking for the ".. with Zend Debugger v5.2.15.." message in the Zend banner section.

When I try to test my debug session in eclipse by clicking on the "Test Debugger" button, I get a message in my server log saying: "
[Zend Debugger] Cannot connect to host 127.0.0.1". There are no other complaints in my server logs.

I'm running eclipse and apache on the same computer.

I have added my loopback address (127.0.0.1/32) to the allow_hosts list in my php.ini file.

I'm completely out of ideas. Can anyone help?
Re: Zend Debugger Cannot connect [message #525790 is a reply to message #525748] Wed, 07 April 2010 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ali Ghorashi is currently offline Ali GhorashiFriend
I've been working on this problem for the past two days...

A few hours after this post, I figured out my problem. I have SE Linux running and it was interfering with my web servers's capability to make network connections.

If I disabled SE Linux by doing a :
setenforcing 0

everything started working (I had the same problem with XDebug).

A more refined solution than disabling all of SE Linux is :
setsebool -P httpd_can_network_connect on
Re: Zend Debugger Cannot connect [message #556880 is a reply to message #525790] Fri, 03 September 2010 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander  is currently offline Alexander Friend
Hi guys,

I got a same problem. But there is one difference. I'm trying to debug remote server.
My SE Linux is disabled, but I still got an error in Eclipse: A Timeout has occurred on remote server.

ZendDebugger extension is successfully installed on server. phpinfo() says the same thing as in post#1

I'm trying to solve this problem for many days and I haven't any idea how to fix it.

Does anybody faced this problem? I would appreciate your help.
Re: Zend Debugger Cannot connect [message #557021 is a reply to message #556880] Fri, 03 September 2010 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found this in server log:

[Zend Debugger] Cannot connect to host 76.79.134.251
[Zend Debugger] Cannot connect to host 127.0.0.1
[Zend Debugger] Cannot connect to host 192.168.2.8

It seems like it is impossible to establish connection from remote server to my local computer. I tried to replace my local IP with external IP in Eclipse IP list, but the result is the same.

Do you have any ideas?
Re: Zend Debugger Cannot connect [message #557059 is a reply to message #557021] Fri, 03 September 2010 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got it! I added ssh tunneling option to debug configuration in Eclipse and it works now.

Steps are:
1. Go to Debug Configurations->New Web Page Configuration->Advanced tab
2. Check "Debug Through SSH Channel" check box and enter ssh login/password
3. Select "Start Debug from" and choose the page.
4. Set breakpoints, click Debug button

May be it will help to somebody.
Re: Zend Debugger Cannot connect [message #713628 is a reply to message #557021] Mon, 08 August 2011 17:25 Go to previous message
Genadi Saltikov is currently offline Genadi SaltikovFriend
Alexander wrote on Fri, 03 September 2010 12:16
I found this in server log:

[Zend Debugger] Cannot connect to host 76.79.134.251
[Zend Debugger] Cannot connect to host 127.0.0.1
[Zend Debugger] Cannot connect to host 192.168.2.8

It seems like it is impossible to establish connection from remote server to my local computer. I tried to replace my local IP with external IP in Eclipse IP list, but the result is the same.

Do you have any ideas?

Thank you and everyone else in this thread.

this has hinted me into the problem:
in my case I am sitting on a LAN (10.xx.0.xx), trying to run debug remotely on a VM server with a real internet IP address - but of course it couldnt reach me, until ISP guys looked at their network equipment, and opened the port (10xxx I dont remember).

Too bad this is not properly documented in Zend.
Previous Topic:Rule not working.
Next Topic:CSS and Javascript Syntax Highlighting Bug?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:41:42 GMT 2024