Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » help getting code complete switched on plz(PDT on mac)
help getting code complete switched on plz [message #525352] Tue, 06 April 2010 10:21 Go to next message
John Miller is currently offline John MillerFriend
Dear Sir or Madam,
I'm pretty sure I've got the correct plug-in(s) for using PHP code complete with Eclipse/Aptana but I can't seem to turn it on. In the Aptana studio it shows HTML & CSS code completion/hints but when I start entering PHP code it is simply a grey colour & no hints come up. Is there somewhere you can refer me (a webpage maybe) where I can find instructions on this?
John
Re: help getting code complete switched on plz [message #525372 is a reply to message #525352] Tue, 06 April 2010 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vinicius Isola is currently offline Vinicius IsolaFriend
That happens if you open a PHP file with the Aptana HTML editor instead of the PHP editor that comes with PDT.

You can select the editor to use right-clicking the file and then selecting the correct editor.

But you really should configure your IDE to default that automatically going into:
Window > Preferences...
In the menu:
General > Editor > File Associations
There you can configure which editor will be used to open each file.
Re: help getting code complete switched on plz [message #526594 is a reply to message #525372] Mon, 12 April 2010 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, I'll give that a try. I really like the eclipse platform, but it does seem a bit short on operating instructions. It took me weeks to figure out how to turn on the line numbering
Re: help getting code complete switched on plz [message #526870 is a reply to message #525352] Tue, 13 April 2010 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dear All,
Could someone go into a bit more detail about this. I've successfully got to the editor, file associations & have:
"PHP Editor (default) (locked by 'PHP source File' content type) & have tried confirming this by pressing default or add, but it doesn't seem to alter anything. I have the PHP logo in the upper right bit of the workspace & a PHP/Apache heading on one of the menu's so I'm pretty sure the proper software is installed but I still can't seem to turn it on.
Thanks in advance
John
Re: help getting code complete switched on plz [message #526889 is a reply to message #526870] Tue, 13 April 2010 12:14 Go to previous message
Vinicius Isola is currently offline Vinicius IsolaFriend
I tested here in my Aptana installation and found out that I got the same problem as you. Smile

I was able to fix it doing the following:
- associate .php files with the Aptana Editor (select the Aptana Editor and click on the Default button)
- Click Ok to close the preferences dialog
- go back to the preferences dialog and set the PHP editor as the default (using the same procedure, selecting PHP editor and click the Default button)

Seems that there is a refresh problem there. Installing the PDT inside Aptana associates the PHP Editor with PHP files as the default editor but this configuration seems to be overridden by the default Aptana configuration.

Previous Topic:Zend Debugger All in one download PDT NOT WORKING
Next Topic:no completion available
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:01:59 GMT 2024