Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Extension Point for Content Assist in XML Editor(Extension Point for Content Assist in XML Editor)
Extension Point for Content Assist in XML Editor [message #525252] Mon, 05 April 2010 16:21 Go to next message
Rob MacGrogan is currently offline Rob MacGroganFriend
I would like to extend the content assist provided by the WTP XML Editor with my own content assist proposals. Is there an extension point that I can use for this?

Thanks.

Re: Extension Point for Content Assist in XML Editor [message #525284 is a reply to message #525252] Tue, 06 April 2010 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sarika Sinha is currently offline Sarika SinhaFriend
Hi,
You can use completionProposal and completionProposalCategoriesConfiguration extension points defined in org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui plugin. WTP uses these extension points and have defined several implementations for xml, html and jsp content assist.

Sarika Sinha
JDT Programmer
Re: Extension Point for Content Assist in XML Editor [message #525379 is a reply to message #525284] Tue, 06 April 2010 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ian Tewksbury is currently offline Ian TewksburyFriend
Sarika Sinha wrote on Mon, 05 April 2010 20:47
Hi,
You can use completionProposal and completionProposalCategoriesConfiguration extension points defined in org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui plugin. WTP uses these extension points and have defined several implementations for xml, html and jsp content assist.
To clarify these two extensions were added in WTP 3.2 in the past couple of months so you will only see them in a WTP 3.2 build. So if you get your hands on the M6 build both extension points are well documented along wit the supporting public API classes that go along with them.

Ian Tewksbury
WTP JavaScript Tools
IBM Rational
-----
“When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.” ~Leonardo da Vinci

[Updated on: Tue, 06 April 2010 12:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Extension Point for Content Assist in XML Editor [message #525568 is a reply to message #525379] Tue, 06 April 2010 22:03 Go to previous message
Rob MacGrogan is currently offline Rob MacGroganFriend
Thanks, Ian and Sarika. I'll give it a shot.
Previous Topic:test
Next Topic:WTP for Java SE web service clients?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:12:22 GMT 2024