Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » M2M (model-to-model transformation) » [ATL] Read input argument(Is it possible to give an input argument to a transformation and read it?)
[ATL] Read input argument [message #524641] Thu, 01 April 2010 16:25 Go to next message
Wim is currently offline WimFriend
Hello,
Is it possible to supply a simple argument to an ATL transformation and read it from within the transformation?

What I have is a transformation query that converts some model to text and then writes this text to a file. The path to this file should be fetched from argument.

I am launching the transformation from Java. Perhaps there is a way of accessing the launch options hash from within ATL?

If all else fails I'll simply copy the same output file to the correct location after each transformation is executed in my Java code. However this is doesn't seem like a clean way to do it.

Thanks,
Wim
Re: [ATL] Read input argument [message #524744 is a reply to message #524641] Fri, 02 April 2010 07:57 Go to previous message
Sylvain EVEILLARD is currently offline Sylvain EVEILLARDFriend
You can use a model to pass arguments. If you don't want to define a meta-model for that, you can simply use an XML parameter file and inject it as an XML model, using the XML Injector and then use some helpers to get the arguments.
Previous Topic:[ATL] problem using injectors in atl.loadModel
Next Topic:[QVTo] Help for API documentation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 15:46:32 GMT 2024