Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » M2M (model-to-model transformation) » [ATL] atl.launch ant task: Cannot find reference model x
[ATL] atl.launch ant task: Cannot find reference model x [message #524490] Thu, 01 April 2010 07:35 Go to next message
Marten Sijtema is currently offline Marten SijtemaFriend
Hi,

I am trying to get my transformation running using an ant build script. The loading of models using atl.loadModel all work fine, but when I then want to launch it the following error occurs:
[atl.launch] Launching transformation /Users/marten/Work/EclipseWorkspaces/fatl2atl/fatl2atl.asm using EMF-specific VM

BUILD FAILED
/Users/marten/Work/EclipseWorkspaces/ecore2gwt/run/m2m-with-fatl.ant:95: Cannot find reference model fatl

this is what the ant script looks like (relevant parts)
<!-- 
ATL header code:
module fatl2atl;
create OUT:atl from IN:fatl, FM:featuremm;
-->
<atl.launch path="${fatl2atlASM}">
	<inmodel name="IN" model="fatlModel-loaded" />
	<inmodel name="FM" model="featureModel-loaded" />
	<outmodel name="OUT" model="inputEcoreModelProcessedByFatl2atl" metamodel="atlMM-loaded" />
</atl.launch>

Any thoughts? the atl.loadModel stages all work fine!

My company: Sytematic, building business software from models.

[Updated on: Thu, 01 April 2010 07:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [ATL] atl.launch ant task: Cannot find reference model x [message #524500 is a reply to message #524490] Thu, 01 April 2010 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sylvain EVEILLARD is currently offline Sylvain EVEILLARDFriend
In ATL, Reference Model == meta-model. So the message means that it can't find the meta-model fatl.
Re: [ATL] atl.launch ant task: Cannot find reference model x [message #524511 is a reply to message #524490] Thu, 01 April 2010 08:30 Go to previous message
Marten Sijtema is currently offline Marten SijtemaFriend
Aha, I fixed it. Thanks for the insight.

It appears that the name you give it in the ant file should be the same as in the module header, ie:

atl file:
module a2b;
create OUT:b from IN:a

ant script:
<!-- Loading metamodel a -->
<atl.loadModel modelHandler="EMF" name="aMM" metamodel="MOF" path="aMM.ecore" />

This is wrong! aMM in the antfile (the name attribute) should also be "a".

In my ant script, I named it diffently as in the module header. The ATL documentation does not make this clear, I recommend they state this explicitly! Also, it seems to me that it should not be a problem to name it differently in the ant file, since you load an ecore file from a path.

My company: Sytematic, building business software from models.

[Updated on: Thu, 01 April 2010 08:32]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:[Xtend] Debugging Irritation
Next Topic:[ATL] Deadline Extension: 2nd International Workshop on Model Transformation with ATL (MtATL 2010)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:05:32 GMT 2024