Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » How to add a banner to an e4 application(E4 application banner)
How to add a banner to an e4 application [message #524449] Thu, 01 April 2010 01:52 Go to next message
Pete is currently offline PeteFriend
I would like to add a generic banner to be used by all windows in an E4 application, in a similar way to how the wizard dialogs have an image at the top of the page. Any one know how this can be implemented in E4?
Re: How to add a banner to an e4 application [message #525044 is a reply to message #524449] Mon, 05 April 2010 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
You have 2 choices:
a) Put a custom Part directly in the MWindow
b) Specialize the WBWRenderer (=WorkbenchWindowRenderer)

I'll try to write up some informations on this subject hopefully in the
next time. The problem is that b) is not yet easily done because we have
no contribution story for renderers.

Tom

Am 01.04.10 03:52, schrieb Pete:
> I would like to add a generic banner to be used by all windows in an E4
> application, in a similar way to how the wizard dialogs have an image at
> the top of the page. Any one know how this can be implemented in E4?
Re: How to add a banner to an e4 application [message #525268 is a reply to message #525044] Tue, 06 April 2010 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Tom,
Thanks for the info. I am not so sure I understand how A) works. If I add a custom part to MWindow, does that mean all parts added to the window will extend the custom part? I guess what I am trying to accomplish is to have the application/window have a banner and when parts are added to the window each part can have its own title style but still have the application window have the generic banner. I am still new to programming with the Eclipse framework, so I apologize if these questions sound a bit odd.

Thanks for your help. I'll take a look at MWindow tonight.
Re: How to add a banner to an e4 application [message #573085 is a reply to message #525044] Tue, 06 April 2010 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Tom,
Thanks for the info. I am not so sure I understand how A) works. If I add a custom part to MWindow, does that mean all parts added to the window will extend the custom part? I guess what I am trying to accomplish is to have the application/window have a banner and when parts are added to the window each part can have its own title style but still have the application window have the generic banner. I am still new to programming with the Eclipse framework, so I apologize if these questions sound a bit odd.

Thanks for your help. I'll take a look at MWindow tonight.
Re: How to add a banner to an e4 application [message #1711120 is a reply to message #573085] Tue, 13 October 2015 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zhang dong is currently offline zhang dongFriend
Did you solve this problem and how?
I am new to eclipse development and just have the same need as yours.
Over the past five years, maybe you have forgotten.
Any help will be highly appreciated.
Re: How to add a banner to an e4 application [message #1711188 is a reply to message #525044] Wed, 14 October 2015 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zhang dong is currently offline zhang dongFriend
Could you please give more information about the plan A you mentioned in your answer? Is there any sample or article about this topic on the eclipse wiki or community? Please ignore if this requirement is very amateur or stupid. Any help will be highly appreciated.
Re: How to add a banner to an e4 application [message #1740117 is a reply to message #525044] Tue, 09 August 2016 12:31 Go to previous message
Jason Trinidad is currently offline Jason TrinidadFriend
Do you have more information on this? Thanks!

Thomas Schindl wrote on Mon, 05 April 2010 14:41
You have 2 choices:
a) Put a custom Part directly in the MWindow
b) Specialize the WBWRenderer (=WorkbenchWindowRenderer)

I'll try to write up some informations on this subject hopefully in the
next time. The problem is that b) is not yet easily done because we have
no contribution story for renderers.

Tom

Am 01.04.10 03:52, schrieb Pete:
> I would like to add a generic banner to be used by all windows in an E4
> application, in a similar way to how the wizard dialogs have an image at
> the top of the page. Any one know how this can be implemented in E4?

Previous Topic:Changing perspectives/tabs draws phantom controls for a split second.
Next Topic:MessageConsole
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:55:14 GMT 2024