Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Design View With JSP?
Design View With JSP? [message #523898] Mon, 29 March 2010 18:42 Go to next message
Bill  is currently offline Bill Friend
I don't know what happened but in my eclipse I created a Dynamic Web project and was editing it. For some reason I don't have the source and design tabs any more and I can't edit the page visually i can only access the code page?
Re: Design View With JSP? [message #523964 is a reply to message #523898] Tue, 30 March 2010 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sarika Sinha is currently offline Sarika SinhaFriend
You can open a page with different editors supported by eclipse. if you open with Web Page Editor, you will get Source and Design Tabs. If you open with html/jsp editor you can just access the code.

Sarika Sinha
JDT Programmer
Re: Design View With JSP? [message #524048 is a reply to message #523964] Tue, 30 March 2010 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill  is currently offline Bill Friend
You mean the web perspective? I did this already. How do I switch so I can see the design and source? I have eclipse Galileo Java EE developer. It was the largest one.
Re: Design View With JSP? [message #524078 is a reply to message #523898] Tue, 30 March 2010 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sarika Sinha is currently offline Sarika SinhaFriend
No, You right click on the jsp file and then highlight "Open With" .You will get options like JSP Editor, Text editor, Web Page Editor. Please Select "Web Page Editor" option.

Sarika Sinha
JDT Programmer
Re: Design View With JSP? [message #535842 is a reply to message #524078] Wed, 26 May 2010 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PeterZ  is currently offline PeterZ Friend
Thanks for posting this.

I'm just starting out with Eclipse and going through the JSP tutorial (the sample login page), and this was not made clear. On my PC, a new JSP page opens in the text-based editor by default, not the Web Page Editor.

I have a feeling these forums will be invaluable, especially when starting out.
Re: Design View With JSP? [message #1717748 is a reply to message #523964] Wed, 16 December 2015 13:29 Go to previous message
Kalyan Valluru is currently offline Kalyan ValluruFriend
But, in Eclipse mars one of my friend using html editor with the preview while typing the code. Could you please let me know how to do so?
Do I need to install any plugin?
Previous Topic:Launch WEB APP Preview from Command line
Next Topic:Luna - org.eclipse.wst.server.ui.ServersView
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:10:51 GMT 2024