Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Export to Multiple Platforms
Export to Multiple Platforms [message #523636] Sat, 27 March 2010 18:52 Go to next message
TJ Willis is currently offline TJ WillisFriend
Hi. This is my first time exporting a plugin. I used Eclipse 3.5 on a 64-bit machine to develop a nifty RCP application, and spent the last solid day getting it to deploy correctly via Java Web Start. Then, I walked over to a 32-bit machine, tried it, and it didn't work. The first exception I get is a about having the wrong native SWT.

I eventually want the application to run on every possible platform and I'd prefer not to have separate wrapper features for each platform.

According to the SWT site, I need to make a swt-win32-windows-x86.jar and put something like

<resources os="Windows" arch="x86">
		<jar href="platforms/swt-win32-windows-x86.jar" />
	</resources>

in my JNLP file.

But then, I look at target definitions, and am thinking about making a target definition that includes the fragment org.eclipse.swt.win32.win32.x86 which looks like it might result in a cleaner solution. (Although I can't for the life of me find that fragment on the galileo update site...)

Is one solution clearly better than the other? Can the Feature.xml->Plugins section do this? And if I should use fragments instead of jars, is there a trick to getting them?

Thanks in advance!

[Updated on: Sat, 27 March 2010 19:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Export to Multiple Platforms [message #523637 is a reply to message #523636] Sat, 27 March 2010 19:27 Go to previous message
TJ Willis is currently offline TJ WillisFriend
Apparently, PDEBuild and/or using the "delta pack" is the right way to do this. I really think this should be in a FAQ somewhere in bold and underlined...

Previous Topic:RCP App - Search Engine
Next Topic:How to? / RCP with service plug-in and EJB3 interaction
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:04:34 GMT 2024