Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » SelectionHandlesEditPolicy(hideSelection is not called if view looses focus)
SelectionHandlesEditPolicy [message #522314] Mon, 22 March 2010 09:51 Go to next message
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising nameFriend
Hello,

I think I have a problem with the SelectionHandlesEditPolicy.
My plugin uses a perspective with two editors side by side.
The left editors show for example a UML class diagram and the right editor a consistent other view (e.g. object diagram) of the same situation.
We have overwritten the showSelection() and hideSelection() methods of SelectionHandlesEditPolicy to show a colored highlight if one or more parts of the diagrams are selected and used listeners to make the selection in both editors consistent (if you click on one class in the class diagram, the according objects in the object diagram will be selected).

Now consider the following situation: I select an object in the class diagram and therefore the according object in the object diagram will be highlighted, too. Then I select another object in the object diagram. The result is that the new object in the object diagram and its according objects in class diagram are selected, but the old selection in the class diagram is not removed. The reason is that the hideSelection method is not called if the editor looses the focus.

Could this be a bug in GEF?
How would you fix the problem?

Re: SelectionHandlesEditPolicy [message #523759 is a reply to message #522314] Mon, 29 March 2010 08:31 Go to previous message
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising nameFriend
Does nobody have an idea?
Previous Topic:tracing source/code from model developed in gmf based editor
Next Topic:Error when mirroring GEF 3.5.2 p2 repository
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:11:59 GMT 2024