Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Maven Integration (M2E) » Relationship between Eclipse build and M2E(I am probably seeking an unimplemented feature, but cannot hurt to ask)
Relationship between Eclipse build and M2E [message #521959] Fri, 19 March 2010 13:18 Go to next message
Joel Rosi-Schwartz is currently offline Joel Rosi-SchwartzFriend
I am running M2E 0.10. I was expecting for M2E to update the Eclipse build path and dependencies so that source modifications kicked off a build. That has not been happening when I import a Maven project nor when I run Update Project Configuration.

Am I expecting too much or is there an issue with the projects I am working with?

Thanks,
Joel
Re: Relationship between Eclipse build and M2E [message #521986 is a reply to message #521959] Fri, 19 March 2010 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay, I have found that m2e works just as I expect it to if the maven project is properly configure. I just created a clean project with mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:2.0-alpha-4: generate and everything is as expected.

My initial problems seems to be because the poms of the projects that I am pulling out of my companies svn repository have issues that m2e can not cope with. The project build fine with maven both from the command line as well as using m2e's Run As support.

Any ideas on what may be causing m2e grief on project configuration?

thanks,
joel

[Updated on: Fri, 19 March 2010 14:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Relationship between Eclipse build and M2E [message #522577 is a reply to message #521986] Tue, 23 March 2010 08:34 Go to previous message
I have more or less got to the bottom of this. It appears that if I check out the project as "Separate projects for modules" I get the behaviour I described. If I check it without that option checked all behaves as expected.

Is this a bug?

Joel
Previous Topic:Latest Stable Tycho binary
Next Topic:m2e not showing up in menus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:14:28 GMT 2024