Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » How do you disable the prompt after a file has been modified externally?
How do you disable the prompt after a file has been modified externally? [message #521565] Thu, 18 March 2010 03:27
Adam Nielsen is currently offline Adam NielsenFriend
Hi all,

I am working with files on a remote share. I have no control over the remote host, and its clock is incorrect. This means that whenever I save a file in Eclipse, it says the file has been changed and "Do you want to overwrite the changes made on the file system?" I choose Yes then it immediately asks "Do you want to replace the editor contents with these changes?"

It's driving me crazy! Every time I save, or switch editors I get one or both of the popups!

Is there any way I can turn off these prompts? I'm the only one working on these files so I'm not going to stamp on anyone else's changes.

I'm aware of an option to automatically reload the changes but I don't want to do this because then the editor loses all its syntax highlighting and I have to close and reopen the file to get it back. I just want it to leave the file alone and don't bug me with constant popups.

Can this be done?
Previous Topic:Properties Page Title
Next Topic:CNF : link helper
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:44:02 GMT 2024