Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » How to handle Oracle Store Procedure call with Oracle Types as input or output using EclipseLink (EclispeLink, Store Procedure and Oracle Types(User defined data types))
icon1.gif  How to handle Oracle Store Procedure call with Oracle Types as input or output using EclipseLink [message #521208] Tue, 16 March 2010 18:02 Go to next message
MAK  is currently offline MAK Friend
Hi,

I doing a Proof Of Concept to figure out how efficient to call a store
procedure using EclipseLink. I was able to call oracle store procedure
using EclispeLink with Scalar/primitive data types (link Integer,
varchar etc). I wanted to understand how can I handle Oracle Store
procedure from EclipseLink with collection(Oracle Types/User defined
types) as input or output parameters. I would really appreciate if
some one help me understand this with an example.

Thanks
MAK
Re: How to handle Oracle Store Procedure call with Oracle Types as input or output using EclipseLink [message #521530 is a reply to message #521208] Wed, 17 March 2010 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Hume is currently offline Andrew HumeFriend
MAK

Good luck with this. I have also been seriously considering the use of Oracle specific features such as VARRAYs and NESTED TABLES, but I think the focus of the EclipseLink project (now that it is open source, and possibly less well resourced by Oracle?) is more around the database features that are common to all databases.

I was told that the Workbench is not being actively developed, and that the focus was on Dali. If Dali is supposed to work with all JPA providers then there will be little room for Oracle specific features.

Perhaps it is best if we do stick to common SQL constructs and therefore have the greatest choice of tools? This is kind of annoying, as being able to model 1:n (where n is small) collections would be very useful.

Andrew
Re: How to handle Oracle Store Procedure call with Oracle Types as input or output using EclipseLink [message #521740 is a reply to message #521208] Thu, 18 March 2010 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike Norman is currently offline Mike NormanFriend
I've made available a simple example on gist:
http://gist.github.com/336393

Hope this helps,
--
Mike Norman | Principal Software Designer | 613.288.4638
Oracle Server Technologies | EclipseLink Product
45 O'Connor Street, Suite 400 | Ottawa, ON K1P 1A4 | (fax) 613.238.2818
Re: How to handle Oracle Store Procedure call with Oracle Types as input or output using EclipseLink [message #522028 is a reply to message #521740] Fri, 19 March 2010 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Hume is currently offline Andrew HumeFriend
Mike

Thanks for the example.

Would it be possible to show the equivalent code using JPA annotations?

I am interested to understand how much of the boilerplate code can be removed by the use of the annotations.

Cheers
Andrew
Re: How to handle Oracle Store Procedure call with Oracle Types as input or output using EclipseLink [message #522680 is a reply to message #521740] Tue, 23 March 2010 15:13 Go to previous message
MAK  is currently offline MAK Friend
Thanks Mike!
Previous Topic:How to access the object created in a select clause with constructor in an order by?
Next Topic:Unsupported Driver.getClientInfo() operation when Eclipselink 2.0.0 accesses TimesTen 11.2.1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:56:21 GMT 2024