Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » passing properties file in Hudson's Buckminster plugin
passing properties file in Hudson's Buckminster plugin [message #521161] Tue, 16 March 2010 15:44 Go to next message
Alex Kravets is currently offline Alex KravetsFriend
Hello,

Currently when Buckminster creates products in Hudson all my qualifiers are replaced with timestamp. How does Buckminster replace the qualifier with timestamp? I don't remember setting this property in a plugin. And if I define custom replacement for qualifer in properties file how do I pass it to my Buckminster job?

thanks,
Alex

[Updated on: Tue, 16 March 2010 15:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: passing properties file in Hudson's Buckminster plugin [message #521290 is a reply to message #521161] Wed, 17 March 2010 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan  is currently offline Stephan Friend
Hi Alex

Did you try "perform -P /path/to/my.properties ..."?

Cheers, Stephan
Re: passing properties file in Hudson's Buckminster plugin [message #521493 is a reply to message #521161] Wed, 17 March 2010 18:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Stephan,

Yes I tried this, but replacement works only when I have replacement set as
qualifier.replacement.*=generator:buildTimestamp
generator.buildTimestamp.format='I'yyyyMMddHHmm

When I set
qualifier.replacement.*=generator:lastRevision
generator.lastRevision.format=r{0,number,00000}

qualifier is not being replaced. May be I need to set something else in conjunction with this in order for lastRevision to work?

thanks,
Alex
Re: passing properties file in Hudson's Buckminster plugin [message #521497 is a reply to message #521493] Wed, 17 March 2010 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
Hi Alex,
The lastRevision only works with projects that are shared with SVN (i.e. subclipse or subversive). Are you using CVS?

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

On 03/17/2010 07:43 PM, Alex wrote:
> Thanks Stephan,
> Yes I tried this, but replacement works only when I have replacement set as
>
> qualifier.replacement.*=generator:buildTimestamp
> generator.buildTimestamp.format='I'yyyyMMddHHmm
>
> When I set
>
> qualifier.replacement.*=generator:lastRevision
> generator.lastRevision.format=r{0,number,00000}
>
> qualifier is not being replaced. May be I need to set something else in
> conjunction with this in order for lastRevision to work?
>
> thanks,
> Alex
Re: passing properties file in Hudson's Buckminster plugin [message #521505 is a reply to message #521497] Wed, 17 March 2010 20:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Thomas,

All projects are in SVN.

For the type of build I have I work with local filesystem that uses checked out projects from SVN, this is done in Hudson. So do the components just need to be shared with SVN, or do providers in rmap associated with these components need to be of readType svn? I hope I am asking this question in a correct way.

thanks,
Alex

[Updated on: Wed, 17 March 2010 20:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: passing properties file in Hudson's Buckminster plugin [message #521521 is a reply to message #521505] Wed, 17 March 2010 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
On 03/17/2010 09:09 PM, Alex wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> All project are in SVN.
>
> For the type of build I have I work with local filesystem that checks
> out projects from SVN, this is done in Hudson. So do the components just
> need to be shared with SVN, or do providers in rmap associated with
> these components need to be of readType svn? I hope I am asking this
> question in a correct way.
>
Yes, that's what needs to be done. Unfortunately, Buckminster is not capable of doing this automatically at present. Not
for SVN anyway. The new Git reader type does this by default. I'm considering chaning the SVN reader type so that if it
is pointed to a local directory that is recognized as a project, it should actually share it. But today, it's not an option.

- thomas
Re: passing properties file in Hudson's Buckminster plugin [message #521764 is a reply to message #521521] Thu, 18 March 2010 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Thomas,

This helps, so I changed to svn provider and I can build the product locally from IDE with qualifier being replaced by revision number correctly.

However, when I try to build product in Hudson I get these errors:
/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/bin/java -Dbuckminster.output.root=/opt/dev/.hudson/jobs/trunk/workspace//buckminster.output -Dbuckminster.temp.root=/opt/dev/.hudson/jobs/trunk/workspace//buckminster.temp -jar plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715.jar -application org.eclipse.buckminster.cmdline.headless -data /opt/dev/.hudson/jobs/trunk/workspace/ --loglevel debug -S /opt/dev/.hudson/jobs/trunk/builds/2010-03-18_12-56-26/commands.txt importtargetdefinition '-A' '/opt/dev/.hudson/jobs/trunk/workspace/totaltrader/build/com.totaltrader.site/rcp.target'
Doing full workspace refresh
Waiting for jobs to end
import '/opt/dev/.hudson/jobs/trunk/workspace/totaltrader/build/com.totaltrader.site/site.cquery'
Platform install location: /opt/dev/buckminster3.5
Target platform provided by class org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.internal.PDETargetPlatform
com.totaltrader.site:eclipse.feature: Using resolver rmap
com.totaltrader.site:eclipse.feature: Using resolver Local resolver
com.totaltrader.site:eclipse.feature: Trying provider local(materialized)
No materialization found for com.totaltrader.site:eclipse.feature
com.totaltrader.site:eclipse.feature: Trying provider local(workspace)
No open workspace project found that corresponds to com.totaltrader.site:eclipse.feature
com.totaltrader.site:eclipse.feature: Trying provider local(target)
com.totaltrader.site:eclipse.feature: Rejecting provider eclipse.platform(feature/${buckminster.component}): No component match was found
Downloading file:/opt/dev/.hudson/jobs/trunk/workspace/totaltrader/build/com.totaltrader.site/site.svn.rmap
com.totaltrader.site:eclipse.feature: Using resource map file:/opt/dev/.hudson/jobs/trunk/workspace/totaltrader/build/com.totaltrader.site/site.svn.rmap
com.totaltrader.site:eclipse.feature: Using search path default
com.totaltrader.site:eclipse.feature: Trying provider svn(file://{0}/build/{1})
com.totaltrader.site:eclipse.feature: Rejecting provider svn(file://{0}/build/{1}): No component match was found
com.totaltrader.site:eclipse.feature: No provider was found that could resolve the request
ERROR   [0001] : No suitable provider for component com.totaltrader.site:eclipse.feature was found in resourceMap file:/opt/dev/.hudson/jobs/trunk/workspace/totaltrader/build/com.totaltrader.site/site.svn.rmap
  ERROR   [0001] : No suitable provider for component com.totaltrader.site:eclipse.feature was found in searchPath default
    ERROR   [0001] : Rejecting provider svn(file://{0}/build/{1}): No component match was found
      ERROR   Unable to load default SVN Client
INFO:  TAG-ID 0001 = Query for com.totaltrader.site:eclipse.feature

Doing full workspace refresh
Waiting for jobs to end
Archiving artifacts
Finished: FAILURE

I think it has to do with setting up the svn plugin for Buckminster, but I might be wrong.

I followed these instructions to setup headless buckminster:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Installing_Headless_Buckminster and http:// wiki.eclipse.org/Sample_headless_configuration_%28Buckminste r%29
Is there anything else I should have done?

thanks,
Alex
Re: passing properties file in Hudson's Buckminster plugin [message #521782 is a reply to message #521764] Thu, 18 March 2010 17:46 Go to previous message
'SUCCESS', love seeing that. Everything works, just revisited steps to build headless again and everything worked. I must've missed installing a feature.

thanks,
Alex
Previous Topic:CVS provider rejected, problems with cvs rlog command
Next Topic:Buckminster IDE shows me a CSPEC for a Java Project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 14:39:55 GMT 2024