Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » Tabbed Properties View(Add custom properties view to figures )
Tabbed Properties View [message #521074] Tue, 16 March 2010 12:16 Go to next message
Shalu is currently offline ShaluFriend
Hello All,

I am trying to implement customised properties view. Were in i have different swt widgets in the view instead of standard table viewer.
I have an understanding that this could be obtained by implementing TabbedPropertyView as per the information obtained from http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-Tabbed-Properties/ta bbed_properties_view.html. Please let me know if i am right ?
I was able to create tabbed property view with "Properties view are not available" message. But i am not able to add property tabs to the contributor.
I tried to extend TabbedPropertyPage and override method createTabs.But its not working.
please let me know how do i add property tabs to the page.

[Updated on: Tue, 16 March 2010 12:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Tabbed Properties View [message #521955 is a reply to message #521074] Fri, 19 March 2010 12:46 Go to previous message
Matthias M. is currently offline Matthias M.Friend

Hi Shalu,

there are three extension-points that you have to look at:
edu.karlsruhe.horus.propertymanager.extension.propertyContri butor - here you have to specify the Contributor which you have already done. I think a standard implementation will be sufficient (not sure although).
org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed.propertyTabs - here you just specify a Tab. It's name, id and so on.
org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed.propertySections - a property tab consists of one or more propertySections which you can specify here. You will now have to implement a PropertySection class where you can overwrite the createContents-method an place your widgets there. Dont forget to put the id of the propertyTab you defined above!

Regards
Matthias

Previous Topic:Insert Images To Editor
Next Topic:Views that look like tabbed property view.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:48:09 GMT 2024