Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » UML2 Tools » How to place interface names in a component diagram?
How to place interface names in a component diagram? [message #520455] Fri, 12 March 2010 13:26
Toralf Lund is currently offline Toralf LundFriend
I'm having problems controlling the texts for interface names when editing an UML component diagram in the diagram editor.

I'm talking about the label that automatically appears next to the "lollipop" that represents the interface, after adding a named interface to the model. Or rather, the label that does NOT appear next to the lollipop, as that's my problem. I mean, the text is displayed, but its location is generally such that it is far from obvious that it relates to the interface it actually names, since the graphics for some other item in the model often lies much nearer. Also, I can't really move it a better place. The text does sort of change its position if I point and click and move the mouse, but it will just "snap" between certain locations that are equally wrong in that they lie too far away from the interface object. (If you know what I mean...)

Is there any way around this? Is there some sort of option that I haven't noticed which controls the placement of texts? Or can I somehow enable free movement of the labels? Or is this a general shortcoming of the editor?

- Toralf
Previous Topic:reuse model files of UML2 Tools
Next Topic:How to place interface names in a component diagram?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:53:28 GMT 2024