Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Tracker won't release on Mouse-up(The tracker widget does not always release when dropping the drag.)
Tracker won't release on Mouse-up [message #520449] Fri, 12 March 2010 12:40 Go to next message
Mark Mising name is currently offline Mark Mising nameFriend
I'm having an intermittent problem with Tracker in that 25% of the time it does not release the rubber-band box when I let go of the mouse button. Most of the time this works as it should, but I have not found a pattern or correlation of when it works versus when it doesn't. It appears to be a bug.

The usual and expected behavior is: when I press and hold down Button 1, and move the mouse, the Tracker box follows the mouse. When I release Button 1, the box stops following the mouse movements.

But when this fails, what happens is the Tracker box continues to follow the mouse movements even after I release Button 1 (as if Tracker was unaware that Button 1 has been released). Sometimes, it takes several clicks of Button 1 to cause the Tracker box to let go.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas of what I could do to work around the problem? My code pretty much just mimics the Tracker sample code provided by Eclipse...

thanks for the help!

Mark
Re: Tracker won't release on Mouse-up [message #520518 is a reply to message #520449] Fri, 12 March 2010 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grant Gayed is currently offline Grant GayedFriend
Hi Mark,

Tracker should be reasonably straight-forward, so as you say, you're
probably seeing a bug. Which platform and SWT version are you using? Do
you see the problem with
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/org. eclipse.swt.snippets/src/org/eclipse/swt/snippets/Snippet23. java ?

Grant

"Mark" <Mark.Fenbers@noaa.gov> wrote in message
news:hndcnd$jn5$1@build.eclipse.org...
> I'm having an intermittent problem with Tracker in that 25% of the time it
does not release the rubber-band box when I let go of the mouse button.
Most of the time this works as it should, but I have not found a pattern or
correlation of when it works versus when it doesn't. It appears to be a
bug.
>
> The usual and expected behavior is: when I press and hold down Button 1,
and move the mouse, the Tracker box follows the mouse. When I release
Button 1, the box stops following the mouse movements.
>
> But when this fails, what happens is the Tracker box continues to follow
the mouse movements even after I release Button 1 (as if Tracker was unaware
that Button 1 has been released). Sometimes, it takes several clicks of
Button 1 to cause the Tracker box to let go.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas of what I could do to work
around the problem? My code pretty much just mimics the Tracker sample code
provided by Eclipse...
>
> thanks for the help!
>
> Mark
Re: Tracker won't release on Mouse-up [message #520563 is a reply to message #520518] Fri, 12 March 2010 20:12 Go to previous message
Mark Mising name is currently offline Mark Mising nameFriend
I am not having the same problem with Snippet23. However, I am no longer having the problem with my code either. I am simply not able to repeat the problem today even though other times the problem occurs more than 50% of the time. So there must be some external factors that influence this, say a load on the system, etc.. Perhaps I should wait until the problem occurs again in my code and then try out Snippet23 again to see if it happens there as well...

I don't think this issue simply fixed itself, but rather is not revealing itself today. I'll post again if it does to discuss whether a bug report is needed...

Mark
Previous Topic:Once again: Drop email from Outlook
Next Topic:TreeItem.setExpanded() issue on Linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 02:22:59 GMT 2024