Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Intellisense for Extension DLLs on Windows?(I want intellisense for PHP classes defined by extensions and compiled as a DLL...)
Intellisense for Extension DLLs on Windows? [message #520294] Thu, 11 March 2010 20:24 Go to next message
jtrav_fmr  is currently offline jtrav_fmr Friend
I'm running PDT on Eclipse 3.5.1

My PHP installation is using the MongoDB driver which is exposed via a PHP extension (php_mongo.dll).

It's running fine on the server, and my code works, but I am missing intellisense on the Mongo (http://php.net/manual/en/book.mongo.php) classes that are defined in this extension.

I have tried finagling the DLL into the build path and include path, but Eclipse Intellisense is not recognizing the Mongo class constructor or other Mongo objects. This makes my dev work very painful.

Anyone help with getting Intellisense to recognize classes defined in DLLs?
Re: Intellisense for Extension DLLs on Windows? [message #520602 is a reply to message #520294] Sat, 13 March 2010 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
Content Assist (you call it "Intellisense") is based on only php files in your project, PHP Include Path, PHP Language Library.

Try this for the present...for the present...
http://sourceforge.jp/projects/pdt-tools/releases/?package_i d=10756
Download mongophp.zip and extract it.
Create new PHP Project and copy mongo.php into it.
On your PHP Project, Configure Include Path/Projects/Add -> the project above.

BTW,
I don't know official method to create php files for ext modules and to extend language library...
Re: Intellisense for Extension DLLs on Windows? [message #520603 is a reply to message #520602] Sat, 13 March 2010 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jtrav_fmr  is currently offline jtrav_fmr Friend
Toshiro,
Thank you so much. Where did you get this PHP file? When I download the driver source from the Mongo Website, all I get is the C code with a makefile to compile.
Re: Intellisense for Extension DLLs on Windows? [message #520736 is a reply to message #520603] Mon, 15 March 2010 01:53 Go to previous message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
Hi,
I made mongo.php by using generate.php which pdt provides.
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.pdt/plu gins/org.eclipse.php.core/Resources/language/?root=Tools_Pro ject
Previous Topic:Schedule for - PDT 2.2 Release?
Next Topic:how to change background color on selected variable in php
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:24:11 GMT 2024