Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Bad menu fonts on 32 bit Eclipse RHEL 5.2(The menu text characters are displaying as small boxes)
Bad menu fonts on 32 bit Eclipse RHEL 5.2 [message #520247] Thu, 11 March 2010 16:55
Doug Slattery is currently offline Doug SlatteryFriend
I'm experiencing a strange problem with the 32 bit versions of Ganymede and Galileo on RHEL 5.2 under KDE 3.5.4. The menu text appears as small squares, kind of like looking at a new crossword puzzle that has only across and no downs. It's as if there is a missing font path or incorrect char set being used.

Running 64 bit Galileo works fine. Also, running Ganymede 32 bit on RHEL 3.0 under KDE 3.1.3 works fine. It doesn't seem to be window manager specific, because I also tried RHEL 5.3 with MWM 2.3.2. The problem isn't specific to me, as it was reported to me by another developer in my group.

We have just upgraded to RHEL 5.2 and installed/started using Eclipse on the new platform. It's not a case of "it was working before" thing.

Obviously, there's a difference between the 32 and 64 bit versions. I've compared and accounted for the differences of the 32 and 64 bit font rpms installed, to no avail. We are also running other 32 bit gui apps that work fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
- Doug

-- Nothing is impossible if I'mPossible
Previous Topic:Why does plugin validation complain about missing constraint that isn't missing?
Next Topic:Adding files to Project's directory and getting path of the project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:46:36 GMT 2024