Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » XText: cant find main class org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.WorkflowRunner(referenced libraries )
XText: cant find main class org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.WorkflowRunner [message #518866] Fri, 05 March 2010 10:41 Go to next message
HansBj is currently offline HansBjFriend
Hi,
I'm trying to get the example of the XText "tutorial" (getting started) running, but there seem to be problems with the referenced libraries (why arent they included by the wizard??):
When I start the mwe file by "Run as MWE Workflow" I get the above error:
"cant find main class org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.WorkflowRunner"

I already reference library
org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core_0.7.2.v200908120417.jar
which includes the WorkflowRunner.
So why is it not found?

Can anybody give me a hint?

Thanks,
HansBjörn.

PS: Forget about it!
The error message was very misleading. In fact many other libs are missing, I wonder why the wizard has not added any one of them...

[Updated on: Fri, 05 March 2010 13:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: XText: cant find main class org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.WorkflowRunner [message #518925 is a reply to message #518866] Fri, 05 March 2010 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sebastian Zarnekow is currently offline Sebastian ZarnekowFriend
Hi Hans Björn,

as far as I know, the projects that are created by the wizard include
all necessary dependencies to compile the initially created sample grammar.
How did you install Xtext? Are there any messages in the error log or
logged to the console when you try to invoke the workflow runner?

The simplest way to get a working distro is to download it from
http://xtext.itemis.com . If you are a windows user, please be careful
to not extract the zip in a deep path because the os limits the path
lenghts silently to 255 chars and the eclipse zip contains files and
dirs with long names. This may cause very strange errors.

Regards,
Sebastian
--
Need professional support for Eclipse Modeling?
Go visit: http://xtext.itemis.com

Am 05.03.10 11:41, schrieb HansBj:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to get the example of the XText "tutorial" (getting started)
> running, but there seem to be problems with the referenced libraries
> (why arent they included by the wizard??):
> When I start the mwe file by "Run as MWE Workflow" I get the above
> error: "cant find main class org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.WorkflowRunner"
>
> I already reference library
> org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core_0.7.2.v200908120417.jar
> which includes the WorkflowRunner.
> So why is it not found?
>
> Can anybody give me a hint?
>
> Thanks,
> HansBjörn.
Re: XText: cant find main class org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.WorkflowRunner [message #518974 is a reply to message #518925] Fri, 05 March 2010 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Sebastian,
I downloaded eclipse-SDK-3.5.1-xtext-0.7.2-win32.zip
from itemis and unzipped it under
C:\Programme\eclipse
This does not seem to be very deep...

The installation was just to extract the files from the zip, so what errors could I get from any log?

Now that I added a 24 (!) libraries one after the manually I do not get any syntax errors.
By invoking the Workflowrunner the logs says this:

0 INFO WorkflowRunner - ------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------
16 INFO WorkflowRunner - EMF Modeling Workflow Engine 0.7.2, Build v200908120417
16 INFO WorkflowRunner - (c) 2005-2009 openarchitectureware.org and contributors
16 INFO WorkflowRunner - ------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------
16 INFO WorkflowRunner - running workflow: C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/profi/workspace/org.xtext.example.start/src/or g/xtext/example/GenerateEntities.mwe
16 INFO WorkflowRunner -
391 INFO StandaloneSetup - Registering platform uri 'C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\profi\workspace'
1578 INFO CompositeComponent - DirectoryCleaner: cleaning directory '../org.xtext.example.start/src-gen'
1578 INFO DirectoryCleaner - Cleaning C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\profi\workspace\org.xtext.example.start\..\org .xtext.example.start\src-gen
1578 INFO CompositeComponent - DirectoryCleaner: cleaning directory '../org.xtext.example.start.ui/src-gen'
1578 INFO DirectoryCleaner - Cleaning C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\profi\workspace\org.xtext.example.start\..\org .xtext.example.start.ui\src-gen
1578 INFO CompositeComponent - Generator
1641 INFO LanguageConfig - generating infrastructure for org.xtext.example.Entities with fragments : ImplicitRuntimeFragment, ImplicitUiFragment, GrammarAccessFragment, EcoreGeneratorFragment, ParseTreeConstructorFragment, ResourceFactoryFragment, AntlrDelegatingFragment, JavaValidatorFragment, JavaScopingFragment, FormatterFragment, LabelProviderFragment, TransformerFragment, OutlineNodeAdapterFactoryFragment, JavaBasedContentAssistFragment, DelegatingGeneratorFragment
4000 INFO JavaValidatorFragment - executing generate for org.eclipse.xtext.generator.validation.JavaValidatorFragment
4438 ERROR Generator - Unable to load extension file : org::eclipse::xtend::util::stdlib::io
EvaluationException : Unable to load extension file : org::eclipse::xtend::util::stdlib::io
org::eclipse::xtext::generator::ModuleExtensions.ext[128,26] on line 5 'simpleMethodName(key.type)'
org::eclipse::xtext::generator::GuiceModuleRt.xpt[2085,20] on line 71 'bindMethodName(this)'
org::eclipse::xtext::generator::GuiceModuleRt.xpt[1414,37] on line 45 'EXPAND bindingMethod FOREACH bindings'

at org.eclipse.internal.xtend.expression.ast.Expression.evaluat e(Expression.java:56)
at org.eclipse.internal.xtend.expression.ast.OperationCall.eval uateInternal(OperationCall.java:66)
at org.eclipse.internal.xtend.expression.ast.Expression.evaluat e(Expression.java:48)
at org.eclipse.internal.xtend.expression.ast.OperationCall.eval uateInternal(OperationCall.java:60)
at org.eclipse.internal.xtend.expression.ast.Expression.evaluat e(Expression.java:48)
at org.eclipse.internal.xtend.xtend.ast.ExpressionExtensionStat ement.evaluateInternal2(ExpressionExtensionStatement.java:58 )
at org.eclipse.internal.xtend.xtend.ast.ExpressionExtensionStat ement.evaluateInternal(ExpressionExtensionStatement.java:47)
at org.eclipse.internal.xtend.xtend.ast.AbstractExtension.evalu ate(AbstractExtension.java:162)
at org.eclipse.internal.xtend.expression.ast.OperationCall.eval uate(OperationCall.java:343)
at org.eclipse.internal.xtend.expression.ast.OperationCall.eval uateInternal(OperationCall.java:76)
at org.eclipse.internal.xpand2.ast.ExpressionStatement.evaluate Internal(ExpressionStatement.java:45)
at org.eclipse.internal.xpand2.ast.Statement.evaluate(Statement .java:39)
at org.eclipse.internal.xpand2.ast.AbstractDefinition.evaluate( AbstractDefinition.java:175)
at org.eclipse.internal.xpand2.ast.ExpandStatement.invokeDefini tion(ExpandStatement.java:195)
at org.eclipse.internal.xpand2.ast.ExpandStatement.evaluateInte rnal(ExpandStatement.java:145)
at org.eclipse.internal.xpand2.ast.FileStatement.evaluateIntern al(FileStatement.java:83)
at org.eclipse.internal.xpand2.ast.AbstractDefinition.evaluate( AbstractDefinition.java:175)
at org.eclipse.xpand2.XpandFacade.evaluate2(XpandFacade.java:71 )
at org.eclipse.xpand2.XpandFacade.evaluate(XpandFacade.java:45)
at org.eclipse.xtext.generator.Generator.generateGuiceModuleRt( Generator.java:248)
at org.eclipse.xtext.generator.Generator.invokeInternal(Generat or.java:82)
at org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.lib.AbstractWorkflowComponent.invok e(AbstractWorkflowComponent.java:124)
at org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.container.CompositeComponent.intern alInvoke(CompositeComponent.java:101)
at org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.container.CompositeComponent.invoke (CompositeComponent.java:86)
at org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.WorkflowRunner.executeWorkflow(Work flowRunner.java:412)
at org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.WorkflowRunner.run(WorkflowRunner.j ava:292)
at org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.WorkflowRunner.main(WorkflowRunner. java:239)
4438 INFO WorkflowRunner - workflow completed in 2860ms!

Now I really dont know how to get an yfurther...

regards, HB.
Re: XText: cant find main class org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.WorkflowRunner [message #518975 is a reply to message #518974] Fri, 05 March 2010 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I just tried again to create a XText Project using the wizard.
It does not include any libraries at all!
The first error I get is that the reference in the grammar file to
org.eclipse.xtext.common.Terminals
cannot be solved.

regards, HB.
Re: XText: cant find main class org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.WorkflowRunner [message #519005 is a reply to message #518975] Fri, 05 March 2010 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Am 05.03.10 16:31, schrieb HansBj:
> Hi,
>
> I just tried again to create a XText Project using the wizard.
> It does not include any libraries at all!
> The first error I get is that the reference in the grammar file to
> org.eclipse.xtext.common.Terminals
> cannot be solved.
>
> regards, HB.
Hi Hans Björn,

I just removed the dust from an old windows box, downloaded the Xtext
distro and launched Eclipse and created an empty workspace in c:/eclipse/ws.

After choosing
New -> Project .. -> Xtext Project
I end up with 3 projects in my workspace. They define the required deps,
e.g. the runtime project (org.xtext.example.mydsl by default) contains a
manifest.mf with the following entries:

Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.xtext,
org.eclipse.xtext.generator;resolution:=optional,
de.itemis.xtext.antlr;resolution:=optional,
org.apache.commons.logging;resolution:=optional,
org.eclipse.emf.codegen.ecore;resolution:=optional,
org.eclipse.xtext.log4j;resolution:=optional,
org.eclipse.emf.mwe.utils;resolution:=optional,
org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core;resolution:=optional,
com.ibm.icu;resolution:=optional,
org.eclipse.xtext.xtend;resolution:=optional

Can you confirm this behaviour on your machine?

Regards,
Sebastian
--
Re: XText: cant find main class org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.WorkflowRunner [message #519007 is a reply to message #519005] Fri, 05 March 2010 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

yes, the same happens on my machine.
But there is no "Referenced Libraries" in the workspace / package view.
If you look at the Build Path, there is only
- JRE System Library
- Plug-in dependencies

regards, HB.

[Updated on: Fri, 05 March 2010 16:44]

Re: XText: cant find main class org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.WorkflowRunner [message #519027 is a reply to message #519007] Fri, 05 March 2010 18:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Hans Björn,

the referenced libraries are displayed as plugin dependencies and
therefore they show the resolved deps from the manifest. The compile
path is derived from this information.
As far as I can tell, the three projects work like a charm but I'll
double check on Mondays.

Regards,
Sebastian
--

Am 05.03.10 17:42, schrieb HansBj:
> Hi,
>
> yes, the same happens on my machine.
> But there is no "Referenced Libraries" in the workspace / package view.
>
> regards, HB.
Re: XText: cant find main class org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.WorkflowRunner [message #519231 is a reply to message #519027] Mon, 08 March 2010 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Sebastian,

I just tried again from the beginning.
I created a new XText-Project without any modifications.
I get the three projects and I found the plug-in dependencies you mentioned.
But Mydsl.xtext shows an error in line one:
"grammar org.xtext.example.MyDsl with org.eclipse.xtext.common.Terminals"
Terminals cannot be resolved.

The MANIFEST of the start-package also has an error message for require-bundle:
org.eclipse.xtext also cannot be resolved.

What do I have to do next to get GenerateMydsl.mwe run as workflow?

regards,
HB.

[Updated on: Mon, 08 March 2010 08:16]

Re: XText: cant find main class org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.WorkflowRunner [message #519243 is a reply to message #518866] Mon, 08 March 2010 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Sebastian,

the problem has solved itself. Somehow.

I unpacked the whole SDK zip again to another place and created the XText example and now it works fine.
Not the slightest idea why it didnt work the first time.

Thanks for your help, HB.
Re: XText: cant find main class org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.WorkflowRunner [message #519263 is a reply to message #519243] Mon, 08 March 2010 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Hans Björn,

I'ld guess it has something to do with path lenghts. Furthermore, I
experienced some zip file to be wrongly extracted in a virtual machine
using the build in zip tool of windows xp.

Regards,
Sebastian
--

Am 08.03.10 10:28, schrieb HansBj:
> Hello Sebastian,
>
> the problem has solved itself. Somehow.
>
> I unpacked the whole SDK zip again to another place and created the
> XText example and now it works fine.
> Not the slightest idea why it didnt work the first time.
>
> Thanks for your help, HB.
Re: XText: cant find main class org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.WorkflowRunner [message #519264 is a reply to message #519263] Mon, 08 March 2010 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I dont think its the path length, because now its
D:\Programme\eclipse instead of C:\Programme\eclipse

I prefer the reason "wrong extraction" Smile

regards, HB.
Re: XText: cant find main class org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.WorkflowRunner [message #519283 is a reply to message #518866] Mon, 08 March 2010 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

this really becomes very nasty.
First thing, the example in the documentation seems to be wrong.
I try to run the generator.
In the text it says, Main.xpt should include the following line:

«EXPAND DAO::dao FOREACH this.types.typeSelect(Entity)»

But "this" does not have a method named "types"!

I presume it mus be

«EXPAND DAO::dao FOREACH
this.elements.typeSelect(Entity)»

Then the Hibernate part is missing and must be downloaded manually. Ok. But which part of hibernate?
There are lots of packages like "core", "annotation", "tools" aso.
I tried some of them (actually "HibernateDaoSupport" is needed, but in which package is it??) without success.

This is a really nasty "getting started" document!

Regards, HB.
Re: XText: cant find main class org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.WorkflowRunner [message #519627 is a reply to message #519283] Tue, 09 March 2010 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I would like to apologize for my last comments on the document.
I had some hard time to get the first few steps running (see above).
But the document contains much more than the first two chapters (getting started) and explains a lot of things about XText.
Maybe not on a level a newbie like me can understand, but thats not a fault of the document. I'm looking for some more (higher level) information about EMF and will come back afterwards to this one.
regards, HB.
Re: XText: cant find main class org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.WorkflowRunner [message #519732 is a reply to message #519627] Tue, 09 March 2010 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sven Efftinge is currently offline Sven EfftingeFriend
HansBj schrieb:
> I would like to apologize for my last comments on the document.

You are welcome.

I have fixed the mentioned error in the getting started document.

Sven

--
Need professional support for Xtext and EMF?
Go to: http://xtext.itemis.com
Twitter : @svenefftinge
Blog : blog.efftinge.de
Re: XText: cant find main class org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.WorkflowRunner [message #622275 is a reply to message #518925] Fri, 05 March 2010 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Sebastian,
I downloaded eclipse-SDK-3.5.1-xtext-0.7.2-win32.zip
from itemis and unzipped it under
C:\Programme\eclipse
This does not seem to be very deep...

The installation was just to extract the files from the zip, so what errors could I get from any log?

Now that I added a 24 (!) libraries one after the manually I do not get any syntax errors.
By invoking the Workflowrunner the logs says this:

0 INFO WorkflowRunner - ------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------
16 INFO WorkflowRunner - EMF Modeling Workflow Engine 0.7.2, Build v200908120417
16 INFO WorkflowRunner - (c) 2005-2009 openarchitectureware.org and contributors
16 INFO WorkflowRunner - ------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------
16 INFO WorkflowRunner - running workflow: C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/profi/workspace/org.xtext.example.start/src/or g/xtext/example/GenerateEntities.mwe
16 INFO WorkflowRunner -
391 INFO StandaloneSetup - Registering platform uri 'C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\profi\workspace'
1578 INFO CompositeComponent - DirectoryCleaner: cleaning directory '../org.xtext.example.start/src-gen'
1578 INFO DirectoryCleaner - Cleaning C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\profi\workspace\org.xtext.example.start\..\org .xtext.example.start\src-gen
1578 INFO CompositeComponent - DirectoryCleaner: cleaning directory '../org.xtext.example.start.ui/src-gen'
1578 INFO DirectoryCleaner - Cleaning C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\profi\workspace\org.xtext.example.start\..\org .xtext.example.start.ui\src-gen
1578 INFO CompositeComponent - Generator
1641 INFO LanguageConfig - generating infrastructure for org.xtext.example.Entities with fragments : ImplicitRuntimeFragment, ImplicitUiFragment, GrammarAccessFragment, EcoreGeneratorFragment, ParseTreeConstructorFragment, ResourceFactoryFragment, AntlrDelegatingFragment, JavaValidatorFragment, JavaScopingFragment, FormatterFragment, LabelProviderFragment, TransformerFragment, OutlineNodeAdapterFactoryFragment, JavaBasedContentAssistFragment, DelegatingGeneratorFragment
4000 INFO JavaValidatorFragment - executing generate for org.eclipse.xtext.generator.validation.JavaValidatorFragment
4438 ERROR Generator - Unable to load extension file : org::eclipse::xtend::util::stdlib::io
EvaluationException : Unable to load extension file : org::eclipse::xtend::util::stdlib::io
org::eclipse::xtext::generator::ModuleExtensions.ext[128,26] on line 5 'simpleMethodName(key.type)'
org::eclipse::xtext::generator::GuiceModuleRt.xpt[2085,20] on line 71 'bindMethodName(this)'
org::eclipse::xtext::generator::GuiceModuleRt.xpt[1414,37] on line 45 'EXPAND bindingMethod FOREACH bindings'

at org.eclipse.internal.xtend.expression.ast.Expression.evaluat e(Expression.java:56)
at org.eclipse.internal.xtend.expression.ast.OperationCall.eval uateInternal(OperationCall.java:66)
at org.eclipse.internal.xtend.expression.ast.OperationCall.eval uateInternal(OperationCall.java:60)
at org.eclipse.internal.xtend.xtend.ast.ExpressionExtensionStat ement.evaluateInternal2(ExpressionExtensionStatement.java:58 )
at org.eclipse.internal.xtend.xtend.ast.ExpressionExtensionStat ement.evaluateInternal(ExpressionExtensionStatement.java:47)
at org.eclipse.internal.xtend.xtend.ast.AbstractExtension.evalu ate(AbstractExtension.java:162)
at org.eclipse.internal.xtend.expression.ast.OperationCall.eval uate(OperationCall.java:343)
at org.eclipse.internal.xtend.expression.ast.OperationCall.eval uateInternal(OperationCall.java:76)
at org.eclipse.internal.xpand2.ast.ExpressionStatement.evaluate Internal(ExpressionStatement.java:45)
at org.eclipse.internal.xpand2.ast.ExpandStatement.invokeDefini tion(ExpandStatement.java:195)
at org.eclipse.internal.xpand2.ast.ExpandStatement.evaluateInte rnal(ExpandStatement.java:145)
at org.eclipse.internal.xpand2.ast.FileStatement.evaluateIntern al(FileStatement.java:83)
at org.eclipse.xpand2.XpandFacade.evaluate2(XpandFacade.java:71 )
at org.eclipse.xpand2.XpandFacade.evaluate(XpandFacade.java:45)
at org.eclipse.xtext.generator.Generator.generateGuiceModuleRt( Generator.java:248)
at org.eclipse.xtext.generator.Generator.invokeInternal(Generat or.java:82)
at org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.lib.AbstractWorkflowComponent.invok e(AbstractWorkflowComponent.java:124)
at org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.container.CompositeComponent.intern alInvoke(CompositeComponent.java:101)
at org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.container.CompositeComponent.invoke (CompositeComponent.java:86)
at org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.WorkflowRunner.executeWorkflow(Work flowRunner.java:412)
at org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.WorkflowRunner.run(WorkflowRunner.j ava:292)
at org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.WorkflowRunner.main(WorkflowRunner. java:239)
4438 INFO WorkflowRunner - workflow completed in 2860ms!

Now I really dont know how to get an yfurther...

regards, HB.
Re: XText: cant find main class org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.WorkflowRunner [message #622280 is a reply to message #519027] Mon, 08 March 2010 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Sebastian,

I just tried again from the beginning.
I created a new XText-Project without any modifications.
I get the three projects and I found the plug-in dependencies you mentioned.
But Mydsl.xtext shows an error in line one:
"grammar org.xtext.example.MyDsl with org.eclipse.xtext.common.Terminals"
Terminals cannot be resolved.

What do I have to do next to get GenerateMydsl.mwe run as workflow?

regards,
HB.
Re: XText: cant find main class org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.WorkflowRunner [message #622283 is a reply to message #519263] Mon, 08 March 2010 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I dont think its the path length, because now its
D:\Programme\eclipse instead of C:\Programme\eclipse

I prefer the reason "wrong extraction" :)

regards, HB.
Re: XText: cant find main class org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.WorkflowRunner [message #622297 is a reply to message #519627] Tue, 09 March 2010 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sven Efftinge is currently offline Sven EfftingeFriend
HansBj schrieb:
> I would like to apologize for my last comments on the document.

You are welcome.

I have fixed the mentioned error in the getting started document.

Sven

--
Need professional support for Xtext and EMF?
Go to: http://xtext.itemis.com
Twitter : @svenefftinge
Blog : blog.efftinge.de
Re: XText: cant find main class org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.WorkflowRunner [message #721879 is a reply to message #518866] Sat, 03 September 2011 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eecolor is currently offline eecolorFriend
I had a similar problem when first using xText 2 with the xText 2.0 distribution.

My problems were caused by using an existing workspace. When I created a new workspace project creation worked without problems.
Re: XText: cant find main class org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.WorkflowRunner [message #1602189 is a reply to message #721879] Thu, 05 February 2015 11:25 Go to previous message
Rostislav Simonik is currently offline Rostislav SimonikFriend
I have to confirm that same issue. It occurs at me when I try to create project in existing workspace. Workspace already contains 10 other java projects but I'm not sure whether java projects are related to given issue.

Imports within xtext project are throwing such errors as:

Bundle 'org.eclipse.xtext' cannot be resolved. in MANIFEST.MF.
Couldn't resolve reference to Grammar 'org.eclipse.xtext.common.Terminals'. in MyDsl.xtext

etc.

When I create fresh new workspace then everything is fine.

I'm on linux platform, and I'm pretty sure that it's not max path problem. Projects are located inside following worspaces

/development/workspace/test/ <- fresh new workspace
/development/workspace/my/ <- existing workspace
Previous Topic:[Teneo] EntityManagerFactoryImpl.transactionType not set
Next Topic:[Edapt] Model includes references
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:00:17 GMT 2024