Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » DSDP - Mobile Tools for Java (MTJ) » CMTK import failed, how to debug MTJ?
CMTK import failed, how to debug MTJ? [message #518174] Wed, 03 March 2010 11:10 Go to next message
ebeb is currently offline ebebFriend
Hi,

I just installed the latest eclipse version and the MTJ plug-in. Before that I was able to use the Cinterion WTK (Formerly Siemens) in eclipse with EclipseME.

Now it doesn't work anymore. I read something about Siemens SDK for mobile phones, but this is about Wireless Industry/Automotive Modules (e.g. TC65, XT75).

I read something about UEI and downloaded the spec. According to the spec, the CMTK supports all of the mandatory stuff as far as I can see. I checked the direccctory structure, the emulator.exe and its responses to -version -Xquery. Everything seems to be fine.

When I choose the directory to import having the process explorer open, I can see that eclipse runs cmd.exe which starts the emulator.exe fromt the CMTK. But then it just goes on.

Then I checked the .log file but there wasn't any information why it actually does not worked. I tried to enable debug output in thw .options file of the MTJ core hook but it does show any messages.

What can I do? Is it a bug in MTJ or if not, how can I find out what exactly is not working?

Thanks,

Jan
Re: CMTK import failed, how to debug MTJ? [message #530365 is a reply to message #518174] Thu, 29 April 2010 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Diego Madruga Sandin is currently offline Diego Madruga SandinFriend
Hi,

We have never tested this Cinterion WTK (Formerly Siemens) before. Where we can download it? Is this an official SDK? Could you post here the output of the emulator.exe -Xquery command?

Thanks.
--
Diego
Re: CMTK import failed, how to debug MTJ? [message #532166 is a reply to message #530365] Fri, 07 May 2010 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks fo your reply!

Yes, it's an official SDK from Cinterion for developing software for embedded programmable wireless GSM modems. Downloading is not directly possible. In fact, there is nothing you can directly download from www.cinterion.com. You need to get in contact and then you'll get th SDK from the support line. However, I found this website of one of their german distributors . For example "TC65 SDK Software Developer Kit" includes the CMTK that works with previous version of EclipseMe. In fact, that actually bundle the plug-in with eclipse in their SDK.

The output of this emulator command is:

# List of supported devices
device.list: IMP_NG_TC65_R3

# Properties for device IMP_NG_TC65_R3
IMP_NG_TC65_R3.description: Cinterion IMP-NG TC65 R3 Module
IMP_NG_TC65_R3.bootclasspath: C:/Programme/Cinterion/CMTK/TC65_R3/WTK/lib/classes.zip

Re: CMTK import failed, how to debug MTJ? [message #532353 is a reply to message #532166] Sat, 08 May 2010 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Florent Clairambault is currently offline Florent ClairambaultFriend
Hi,

Well that's partially true, you can download the Cinterion TC65 v3 and TC65i SDK from my blog if you want to. It's available here : http://florent.clairambault.fr/files-to-download

Best regards,

Florent
Re: CMTK import failed, how to debug MTJ? [message #532491 is a reply to message #532353] Mon, 10 May 2010 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Florent,

thanks for the info. To come back to the initial question: Does the CMTK works with MTJ for you?
Re: CMTK import failed, how to debug MTJ? [message #533285 is a reply to message #518174] Wed, 12 May 2010 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi ebeb,

Sorry but no. I've never tried it. I'm one of these people who prefer NetBeans to Eclipse.

Best regards,

Florent
Re: CMTK import failed, how to debug MTJ? [message #533656 is a reply to message #532491] Sat, 15 May 2010 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gustavo de Paula is currently offline Gustavo de PaulaFriend
unfortunately this siemens based sdk is not supported on MTJ. we have some discussion in the past with some folks at siements byt they had no interest in contributing the support.

the problem is that his sdk is not UEI compliant. if you want to use it, as far as i remember there is an old eclipseME version that is suppose to support it.

please check the discussion about that here
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/dsdp-mtj-dev/msg01244.h tml
Re: CMTK import failed, how to debug MTJ? [message #533791 is a reply to message #533656] Mon, 17 May 2010 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gustavo de Paula wrote on Fri, 14 May 2010 21:03
unfortunately this siemens based sdk is not supported on MTJ. we have some discussion in the past with some folks at siements byt they had no interest in contributing the support.

the problem is that his sdk is not UEI compliant. if you want to use it, as far as i remember there is an old eclipseME version that is suppose to support it.

Hi Gustavo!

There are a few things I'd like to mention. At first, we both agree that EclipseME does support it. So why did you throw out the code to load it, if it's non UEI compliant?

The second question is: Why is it non UEI compliant? I'm not an expert but I was curious and downloaded the UEI spec to check and as far as I can see, the CMTK supports all mandatory UEI features but correct me if I'm wrong.

The last thing is: I worked for these guys which do now no longer belong to Siemens. The current company (Cinterion) may decide differently. If it's helpful, I could try to contact one of my old colleagues to ask what the problem is and why they didn't want to support MTJ.
Re: CMTK import failed, how to debug MTJ? [message #534223 is a reply to message #533791] Tue, 18 May 2010 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

The reason that code was not moved from EclipseME to MTJ was that there was some parts of it that were not compliant with EPL. since that it needed to be re-implemented (and there was no one do to it on the time).

i was able yesterday to download the SDK (install-cd_TC65i_rev01100) and did some tests on it. it is quite similar to an UEI SDK but it does not provide the stubs properly. MTJ use those stubs to identify to which apis are supported by the device. there is only one classes.zip but without information about the apis. the good news is that there is one nokia sdk that is already supported on mtj that has a similar case. so the change to add this sdk is not high.

i was able to implement a simple plugin that is able to import the sdk. the criteria used was to use all device that the names starts with "Cinterion" to be imported... but now it fails to run. it is showing an error message:
============================================================ =============
Starting TC65I emulator for running application. Please wait ...

Using following ini file for debugging session:
"C:\Documents and Settings\wgp010\Application Data\Cinterion\CMTK\TC65I\WM_Debug_config.ini"

COM port used for "emulator session": COM4

Used baud rate for the module "115200 baud".....
Unable to use selected baud rate for the module.
Please check, if "COM4" is set to "115200 baud" or is used from another device!
Please use "at+ipr=115200" to set correct baud rate!
Communication problems to the module.
Please check the COM port and the connections!
No initialization for module debugging is possible!

do you have some idea ot what it is? it seems that it was trying to communicate with an actual device.

besides that, is it possible that you send me a list of the apis that are supported on this device? if you can send me probably i will be able to add it to mtj.

Smile
gep

Re: CMTK import failed, how to debug MTJ? [message #534238 is a reply to message #534223] Tue, 18 May 2010 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Gustavo,

that's great news!

Actually, the stubs are not UEI mandatory, are they? However, in what format do you want a list of the api? If you have a look in to the installation dir, you will find the Javadoc here:

...\Cinterion\CMTK\TC65_R3\WTK\doc\html\index.html

Ok, about the error: You are absolutely right! there is not real emulator. This is just using some RPC technique to communicate to the GSM modem. It will run and debug the software on the module.

Therefore you need the drivers and hardware of which I guess you do not have.

But if you see this output in the Eclipse console, I guess that's already it!
Re: CMTK import failed, how to debug MTJ? [message #535004 is a reply to message #534238] Fri, 21 May 2010 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can you please check mtj latest nightly build? i included the plugin there and it is suppose to be working ok. if you see any issue you can comment here or file a bug.

as i mentioned the criteria that i used to import the sdk was to import any sdk that the devices start with cinterion.

i did some basic tests here and the import seems to work ok.

Smile
gep
Re: CMTK import failed, how to debug MTJ? [message #535142 is a reply to message #535004] Fri, 21 May 2010 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Gustavo!

I just downloaded the latest build.

The import now works very well, it finds both installed Cinterion WTK. However, I couldn't manage to run/debug an application.

At first, I recognized that there are to run/debug options:
- Emulated Java ME Midlet
- Emulated Java ME JAD

I don't know what the difference is, but when using the second one, it the emulator.exe immediately crashes (standard windows crash report). The first one actually starts the process (connecting to the module, downloading jad & jar file) mit when it wants to start the debug session, it shows mit the following error:

JAVA ERROR: One or more MIDlet class(es) not found: com/ettex/rialto/pdptest/Main

In the midlet config, the correct Midlet is chosen. In fact, the same project runs in Netbeans without problems including debugging.

So, I'm not really sure where the problem is.

Re: CMTK import failed, how to debug MTJ? [message #537125 is a reply to message #535142] Tue, 01 June 2010 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi,

sorry to take so long to answer you back (i've been busy with my real work).

great the first part worked. now lets look at the execution.

those two options that you see are the options that UEI provide to execute. you can run a JAD file (and if there is more then one midlet on the suite they should be presented on a list to the user) or you can run one midlet directly. probably on the case of a IM the second option is the one that make sense. i'm not sure how the IM would handle a suite with more than one midlet.

about the execution it seems that the jar was not build properly. there are some issues on MTJ that might have caused that. if you copied and paseted files on the project or used the "Convert to MTJ Project" option. please open the build.propertie file on the project root do some change on it and save it again (this is a qork around to this problem that is necessary on those scenarios).

if you created the suite from scratch and did not copied and paste any file it should work ok. if it still doesn't work, it is possible the attache a zip of the project in order that i can take a look at it? and also the JAR/JAD files that you used?

i'm using this bug to track this development. https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=313528

in the worst case i will keep the import on the 1.1.0 release and see how to add the execution later... but i hope that we can find a solution

Smile
gep

Re: CMTK import failed, how to debug MTJ? [message #537381 is a reply to message #537125] Wed, 02 June 2010 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

the one project I imported does not have a build.properties file!? Maybe that's the reason why it fails!?

The second one which I created, does have the build.properties and it doesn't show this "JAVA ERROR". But instead, after starting the debugger window (its a command line window that belongs to the RPC proxy) a Java connection exception is shown saying:

"KVMListener: Exception java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect KVM not ready"

I'm not sure if this is a MTJ or Cinterion related error and what caused it. Again I can only tell that in Netbeans it works.

Thanks for your help so far!

/Jan
Re: CMTK import failed, how to debug MTJ? [message #538705 is a reply to message #537381] Tue, 08 June 2010 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
probably that was the reason that it failed. is it possible that you attach the jar / jad file that you tested on that bug? just to a "create deployable package" and attach it there.

about the build property files. you are able to see it on the Application descriptor editor. there is a tab for it. i believe that once you access the tab the file is created. or on the first time the project is build

other questions:
- have you tried the debug instead of run? maybe it will work
- you mentioned that it works with netbeans. does it work with eclipseME too?

Smile
gep
Re: CMTK import failed, how to debug MTJ? [message #580212 is a reply to message #532166] Sat, 08 May 2010 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Well that's partially true, you can download the Cinterion TC65 v3 and TC65i SDK from my blog if you want to. It's available here : http://florent.clairambault.fr/files-to-download

Best regards,

Florent
Re: CMTK import failed, how to debug MTJ? [message #580226 is a reply to message #580212] Mon, 10 May 2010 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Florent,

thanks for the info. To come back to the initial question: Does the CMTK works with MTJ for you?
Re: CMTK import failed, how to debug MTJ? [message #580321 is a reply to message #580226] Sat, 15 May 2010 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

please check the discussion about that here
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/dsdp-mtj-dev/msg01244.h tml
Re: CMTK import failed, how to debug MTJ? [message #580422 is a reply to message #580321] Mon, 17 May 2010 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gustavo de Paula wrote on Fri, 14 May 2010 21:03
> unfortunately this siemens based sdk is not supported on MTJ. we have some discussion in the past with some folks at siements byt they had no interest in contributing the support.
>
> the problem is that his sdk is not UEI compliant. if you want to use it, as far as i remember there is an old eclipseME version that is suppose to support it.

Hi Gustavo!

There are a few things I'd like to mention. At first, we both agree that EclipseME does support it. So why did you throw out the code to load it, if it's non UEI compliant?

The second question is: Why is it non UEI compliant? I'm not an expert but I was curious and downloaded the UEI spec to check and as far as I can see, the CMTK supports all mandatory UEI features but correct me if I'm wrong.

The last thing is: I worked for these guys which do now no longer belong to Siemens. The current company (Cinterion) may decide differently. If it's helpful, I could try to contact one of my old colleagues to ask what the problem is and why they didn't want to support MTJ.
Re: CMTK import failed, how to debug MTJ? [message #580447 is a reply to message #580422] Tue, 18 May 2010 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

The reason that code was not moved from EclipseME to MTJ was that there was some parts of it that were not compliant with EPL. since that it needed to be re-implemented (and there was no one do to it on the time).

i was able yesterday to download the SDK (install-cd_TC65i_rev01100) and did some tests on it. it is quite similar to an UEI SDK but it does not provide the stubs properly. MTJ use those stubs to identify to which apis are supported by the device. there is only one classes.zip but without information about the apis. the good news is that there is one nokia sdk that is already supported on mtj that has a similar case. so the change to add this sdk is not high.

i was able to implement a simple plugin that is able to import the sdk. the criteria used was to use all device that the names starts with "Cinterion" to be imported... but now it fails to run. it is showing an error message:
Starting TC65I emulator for running application. Please wait ...

Using following ini file for debugging session:
"C:\Documents and Settings\wgp010\Application Data\Cinterion\CMTK\TC65I\WM_Debug_config.ini"

COM port used for "emulator session": COM4

Used baud rate for the module "115200 baud".....
Unable to use selected baud rate for the module.
Please check, if "COM4" is set to "115200 baud" or is used from another device!
Please use "at+ipr=115200" to set correct baud rate!
Communication problems to the module.
Please check the COM port and the connections!
No initialization for module debugging is possible!

do you have some idea ot what it is? it seems that it was trying to communicate with an actual device.

besides that, is it possible that you send me a list of the apis that are supported on this device? if you can send me probably i will be able to add it to mtj.

:)
gep
Re: CMTK import failed, how to debug MTJ? [message #580491 is a reply to message #580447] Tue, 18 May 2010 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Gustavo,

that's great news!

Actually, the stubs are not UEI mandatory, are they? However, in what format do you want a list of the api? If you have a look in to the installation dir, you will find the Javadoc here:

...\Cinterion\CMTK\TC65_R3\WTK\doc\html\index.html

Ok, about the error: You are absolutely right! there is not real emulator. This is just using some RPC technique to communicate to the GSM modem. It will run and debug the software on the module.

Therefore you need the drivers and hardware of which I guess you do not have.

But if you see this output in the Eclipse console, I guess that's already it!
Re: CMTK import failed, how to debug MTJ? [message #580509 is a reply to message #534238] Fri, 21 May 2010 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can you please check mtj latest nightly build? i included the plugin there and it is suppose to be working ok. if you see any issue you can comment here or file a bug.

as i mentioned the criteria that i used to import the sdk was to import any sdk that the devices start with cinterion.

i did some basic tests here and the import seems to work ok.

gep
Re: CMTK import failed, how to debug MTJ? [message #580548 is a reply to message #580509] Fri, 21 May 2010 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Gustavo!

I just downloaded the latest build.

The import now works very well, it finds both installed Cinterion WTK. However, I couldn't manage to run/debug an application.

At first, I recognized that there are to run/debug options:
- Emulated Java ME Midlet
- Emulated Java ME JAD

I don't know what the difference is, but when using the second one, it the emulator.exe immediately crashes (standard windows crash report). The first one actually starts the process (connecting to the module, downloading jad & jar file) mit when it wants to start the debug session, it shows mit the following error:

JAVA ERROR: One or more MIDlet class(es) not found: com/ettex/rialto/pdptest/Main

In the midlet config, the correct Midlet is chosen. In fact, the same project runs in Netbeans without problems including debugging.

So, I'm not really sure where the problem is.
Re: CMTK import failed, how to debug MTJ? [message #580657 is a reply to message #580548] Tue, 01 June 2010 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi,

sorry to take so long to answer you back (i've been busy with my real work).

great the first part worked. now lets look at the execution.

those two options that you see are the options that UEI provide to execute. you can run a JAD file (and if there is more then one midlet on the suite they should be presented on a list to the user) or you can run one midlet directly. probably on the case of a IM the second option is the one that make sense. i'm not sure how the IM would handle a suite with more than one midlet.

about the execution it seems that the jar was not build properly. there are some issues on MTJ that might have caused that. if you copied and paseted files on the project or used the "Convert to MTJ Project" option. please open the build.propertie file on the project root do some change on it and save it again (this is a qork around to this problem that is necessary on those scenarios).

if you created the suite from scratch and did not copied and paste any file it should work ok. if it still doesn't work, it is possible the attache a zip of the project in order that i can take a look at it? and also the JAR/JAD files that you used?

i'm using this bug to track this development. https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=313528

in the worst case i will keep the import on the 1.1.0 release and see how to add the execution later... but i hope that we can find a solution

gep
Re: CMTK import failed, how to debug MTJ? [message #580748 is a reply to message #580657] Wed, 02 June 2010 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

the one project I imported does not have a build.properties file!? Maybe that's the reason why it fails!?

The second one which I created, does have the build.properties and it doesn't show this "JAVA ERROR". But instead, after starting the debugger window (its a command line window that belongs to the RPC proxy) a Java connection exception is shown saying:

"KVMListener: Exception java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect KVM not ready"

I'm not sure if this is a MTJ or Cinterion related error and what caused it. Again I can only tell that in Netbeans it works.

Thanks for your help so far!

/Jan
Re: CMTK import failed, how to debug MTJ? [message #580769 is a reply to message #580748] Tue, 08 June 2010 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
probably that was the reason that it failed. is it possible that you attach the jar / jad file that you tested on that bug? just to a "create deployable package" and attach it there.

about the build property files. you are able to see it on the Application descriptor editor. there is a tab for it. i believe that once you access the tab the file is created. or on the first time the project is build

other questions:
- have you tried the debug instead of run? maybe it will work
- you mentioned that it works with netbeans. does it work with eclipseME too?

gep
Re: CMTK import failed, how to debug MTJ? [message #645090 is a reply to message #518174] Wed, 15 December 2010 14:57 Go to previous message
Anders Storsveen is currently offline Anders StorsveenFriend
Hi guys! I'm having the same problem right now. I've unzipped the wtk stuff from the wtk sdk (install-cd_TC65i_rev01100) and I'm trying to import it via preferences - Java ME - Device Management - Manual Install. However it doesn't seem to find anything. I'm using a nightly build from this update site: http://download.eclipse.org/dsdp/mtj/updates/nightly/

Can someone enlighten me as to what I'm doing wrong?
Previous Topic:repack existing midlet jar with my modifications
Next Topic:NOKIA NFC WITH ECLIPSE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:24:35 GMT 2024