Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Extending/Specializing(Difficulty extending/specializing with generated diagram code)
Extending/Specializing [message #516734] Wed, 24 February 2010 22:41 Go to next message
Jesse Steinfort is currently offline Jesse SteinfortFriend
I have an EMF model that includes a "Node" that contains an interface, "Activity". I do not need to expose this interface in the UI, but I do need to create an object behind the scenes that implements it.

I would like to have several palette tools that create this same kind of Node element, but have them configured differently (including creation of an implementer of "Activity") depending on which palette tool was used to create it. I would like to contribute these palette tools.

I have tried going through the steps in the tutorials on Extensible Type Registry and Configuring and Extending the Diagram Palette. I am using a Specialized Type (of my Node).

However, my elements could not be added to the diagram. After some frustration, I finally found that the generated diagram code does not allow elements not generated to be added to the diagram. One thing I found was that the generated SemanticEditPolicy of the model representing the diagram expects particular element types when building the CreateCommand.

What all (and how) do I need to modify to allow the use of a Specialized Type in the generated code? Am I trying to solve my problem with the wrong method?

It appears that all the extending examples use Logic which does not appear to be generated. Is that true?
Re: Extending/Specializing [message #516828 is a reply to message #516734] Thu, 25 February 2010 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zied is currently offline ZiedFriend
Hi,
+1
I have The same problem as you,
I have tried to generate Classes with reflection API,
but I feel like I will implement GMF from the beginning
Re: Extending/Specializing [message #516935 is a reply to message #516828] Thu, 25 February 2010 14:39 Go to previous message
Jesse Steinfort is currently offline Jesse SteinfortFriend
Yeah...I'm actually looking at simply using GEF. My problem is simple. Coding won't kill me. Sorry GMF, maybe next time.
Previous Topic:[Teneo + GMF + EMF Validation] EMF validation set to console, still a dialog appears.
Next Topic:Questions around font "@Arial Unicode MS"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:24:20 GMT 2024