Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » AspectJ » How to remove aspectj path?
How to remove aspectj path? [message #516244] Tue, 23 February 2010 10:45 Go to next message
Michael Moser is currently offline Michael MoserFriend
I had first added a folder containing an aspect that I want to add to my
application using the Properties => AspectJ Build => Aspect Path tab.
Later I decided, I rather need to add that folder as a project source
folder. Doing so, I got an error, that the buildpath contains a duplicate
entry.
So I removed the entry from the Aspect Path tab (which is now empty), but I
still get that error message!

Meanwhile I restarted eclipse a few times (and the Aspect Path tab remained
empty), but still, when I try to add the aspect folder to my build path, I
keep getting that "duplicate" error msg. Where is that info kept, that a
folder was once added to the aspect path and why is that info not properly
cleaned up, when removing a folder from the Aspect path?

Michael
Re: How to remove aspectj path? [message #516643 is a reply to message #516244] Wed, 24 February 2010 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Eisenberg is currently offline Andrew EisenbergFriend
This information is contained in the .classpath file of your project. This file is normally filtered from the package explorer and navigation views, but you can remove the filter. However, this may not be necessary.

What I think is happening is this:

1. When you add a folder to the aspect path, it is automatically added to the java build path.
2. When you remove a folder from the aspet path, it is not removed from the java build path (this must be done separately).
3. Now, when you try to add this same folder as a source folder, eclipse calls this a duplicate because it is already around on the build path.

So, to fix your problem, I think all you need to do is remove the folder from your ava build path.
Re: How to remove aspectj path? [message #600831 is a reply to message #516244] Wed, 24 February 2010 16:24 Go to previous message
Andrew Eisenberg is currently offline Andrew EisenbergFriend
This information is contained in the .classpath file of your project. This file is normally filtered from the package explorer and navigation views, but you can remove the filter. However, this may not be necessary.

What I think is happening is this:

1. When you add a folder to the aspect path, it is automatically added to the java build path.
2. When you remove a folder from the aspet path, it is not removed from the java build path (this must be done separately).
3. Now, when you try to add this same folder as a source folder, eclipse calls this a duplicate because it is already around on the build path.

So, to fix your problem, I think all you need to do is remove the folder from your ava build path.
Previous Topic:How to remove aspectj path?
Next Topic:JavaFX with AspectJ
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:46:35 GMT 2024