Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » persistence.xml editor doesn't work
persistence.xml editor doesn't work [message #516200] Tue, 23 February 2010 08:07 Go to next message
moritz du is currently offline moritz duFriend
i am working on my first maven/j2ee project. and got first experience in using jpa. so i had to create a persitence.xml (src/main/resources/META-INF) - is there probably a way to add/create it automatically?
to edit this file i used the "persistence xml editor" but it has only a "source" tab?! (i have a screenshot, but how to attach it?).
the design tab only appears by using the normal xml editor. i don't know how it is supposed to work but it should at least a normal xml editor?

is this persistence xml editor only working from within a jpa-project? or missed i something?
Re: persistence.xml editor doesn't work [message #516349 is a reply to message #516200] Tue, 23 February 2010 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neil Hauge is currently offline Neil HaugeFriend
No Real Name wrote on Tue, 23 February 2010 03:07

is this persistence xml editor only working from within a jpa-project? or missed i something?

Yes, the Persistence XML Editor only works within the context of a JPA Project. The editor functionality is based off of our Platform selection and as a result cannot work outside of a JPA Project.

Neil
Re: persistence.xml editor doesn't work [message #517085 is a reply to message #516200] Fri, 26 February 2010 08:03 Go to previous message
moritz du is currently offline moritz duFriend
ok, that means there is no persistence.xml editor for maven2 projects? or is it possible to make a hybrid maven/jpa project?
Previous Topic:get a error when use the web service explorer
Next Topic:JSP from multiple directories
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 06:21:35 GMT 2024