Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Disable save for launchConfiguration.launch?
Disable save for launchConfiguration.launch? [message #516134] Mon, 22 February 2010 19:58 Go to next message
Robert Lewis is currently offline Robert LewisFriend
We have a set of external java processes that we call using the launch configuration framework.

When calling launchConfiguration.launch, it seems to prompt to save all dirty editors in the workspace, which is expected behavior but i would like to disable this for some processes. Is there an easy way to do this?

It looks like there is a JavaLaunchDelegate which extends AbstractJavaLaunchDelegate which exends LaunchConfigurationDelegate.

LaunchConfigurationDelegate has a method named preLaunchCheck which then saves all dirty editors.

I've looked around and there does not seem a simple way to disable then other then to inherit from the ILaunchDelegate and ILaunchConfigurationDelegate to override the one method.

Is there any simple way to do this?

Any help is appreciated.

Re: Disable save for launchConfiguration.launch? [message #516177 is a reply to message #516134] Tue, 23 February 2010 02:13 Go to previous message
Robert Lewis is currently offline Robert LewisFriend
Well it seems i answered my own question. I can create an 'org.eclipse...launchDelegate' extension, specify the run modes (run, debug) the class which is the LaunchConfigurationDelegate, and that is is localJavaProgram.

I created an object called CLaunchConfigurationDelegate which this extension point, inherited from JavaLaunchDelegate and overrided the method that performs the save to do nothing.

When i create my ILaunchConfigurationWorkingCopy instance, i can set the preferred delegate on that instance to the new ID of the extension point and the run modes (run, debug).

I hope this helps someone who has a similar question!

[Updated on: Tue, 23 February 2010 02:17]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Headless PDE build: incorrect compile*.xml script
Next Topic:Disable save for launchConfiguration.launch?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:22:55 GMT 2024