Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » How to get rid of WARNING: prevented recursive attempt to activate part org.eclipse.ui.views.Propert
How to get rid of WARNING: prevented recursive attempt to activate part org.eclipse.ui.views.Propert [message #515662] Fri, 19 February 2010 16:31
Alan Chaney is currently offline Alan ChaneyFriend
I'm adding this post because I've just spent a very frustrating few hours trying to stop the runtime exception with the above message
"WARNING: prevented recursive attempt to activate part org.eclipse.ui.views.PropertySheet while still in the middle of activating <my editor>"

In my case the fix proved to be totally trivial, but so obscure that I only chanced upon it by accident, so I'm putting it here in case it helps somebody else.

The exact situation was that I have an editor which is linked to a PropertySheetPage. If I selected a line in the PropertySheet, closed the corresponding editor and opened another editor of the same type then as soon as I clicked in the editor window I got the above message. I hunted around and finally came across a reference in http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.platform/msg54 218.html plus another one somewhere else which led me to the solution. It so happens that I had an empty setFocus method - as soon as I actually set the focus to the underlying control, the problem went away! Of course, other situations may be different and I don't really understand why what I did fixed the problem, but all the same I hope that this may be useful to someone else.

HTH

Alan Chaney
Previous Topic:multiple version of the same plugin in IDE
Next Topic:dropdown with toolbar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:07:06 GMT 2024