Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » Problem with deleting an object with a many-to-many mapping (Intermediate record is not being deleted when deleting an object with a many-to-many mapping)
Problem with deleting an object with a many-to-many mapping [message #515443] Thu, 18 February 2010 19:04 Go to next message
David Mulligan is currently offline David MulliganFriend
My project is currently working with Eclipselink v1.1.3 and I am attempting to upgrade to Eclipselink 2.0.1. During deletes I am running into trouble with a foreign key constraint violation on an object that has a many-to-many mapping. The problem is that the intermediate table is not being deleted.

Have there been any changes since 1.1.3 that would cause the intermediate record to not be deleted?
Re: Problem with deleting an object with a many-to-many mapping [message #515482 is a reply to message #515443] Thu, 18 February 2010 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My problem is not as simple as I had thought as I cannot reproduce it on it's own. As a simple unit test it is working as advertised.
Re: Problem with deleting an object with a many-to-many mapping [message #516116 is a reply to message #515443] Mon, 22 February 2010 19:19 Go to previous message
The problem was indeed more involved than I originally thought. Many to many mappings do indeed have an issue with deleting the intermediate join table record when the mapping is inherited from another descriptor.

More information can be found in bug #303514 including a patch that fixes the problem.

Previous Topic:NullPointerException on @VariableOneToOne
Next Topic:EclipseLink and eclipse RCP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:32:08 GMT 2024