Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Dynamic Languages Toolkit (DLTK) » Tcl Editor and Templates(How to Create and Use Template in Tcl Editor)
icon5.gif  Tcl Editor and Templates [message #515297] Thu, 18 February 2010 12:07 Go to next message
Marco Ippolito is currently offline Marco IppolitoFriend
Hello,
I'm a newbie in Tcl and eclipse: I want to be able to use editor templates in my Tcl projects.

I try to read eclipse on line help to understand how to use that features, but I cannot be able to insert any template in my source files.

How can I configure eclipse to use Templates in Tcl editor ? How can I recall Templates in my tcl file ?

Thankyou
Marco
Re: Tcl Editor and Templates [message #515905 is a reply to message #515297] Mon, 22 February 2010 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex Panchenko is currently offline Alex PanchenkoFriend
Hi Marco,

The templates are configurable in Window > Preferences > Tcl > Editor > Templates.
In the editor you start typing the initial letters and use Ctrl-Space to call the content assistant.

It's implemented in the same way as for java, so you can find more detailed tutorials searching for "eclipse java editor templates".

Unfortunately, we don't have yet the initial set of templates. So it you can provide some generally useful templates it would be great.

Thank you,
Alex
Re: Tcl Editor and Templates [message #516512 is a reply to message #515297] Wed, 24 February 2010 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thankyou for your answer,
I try to create a template and use it, but nothing appear.
I try also to execute Basic Tcl Totorial (Tcl/Xotcl Development User Guide > Getting Started > Basic tutorial > Editing Tcl elements) for 'Using content assist", but no pull down menu appear when I use Ctrl+SPACE.
Shall I setup some eclispe configuration item?

Marco

Re: Tcl Editor and Templates [message #516532 is a reply to message #515297] Wed, 24 February 2010 11:16 Go to previous message
There was probaby some problems in my eclipse installation: I remove my old eclipse and reinstall it:.
It seems to work...

marco
Previous Topic:Using ECF shared editing with Python
Next Topic:[BUILD] I-I201002280854-201002280854
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:30:58 GMT 2024