Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Error reading manifest for gmf plugin
Error reading manifest for gmf plugin [message #514717] Tue, 16 February 2010 12:56 Go to next message
Robert Wloch is currently offline Robert WlochFriend
Hi,

recently I ran into this bug. In tabbed properties views of GMF editors you can break the combobox cell editors by trying to select items with the keyboard using incremental search (typing the start pattern of an entry and select it with return key). That bug might not occur for small entry lists.

Anyways, I followed comment 11 to solve the issue with the following steps:

1) import the plugin org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.emf.ui.properties as source project into your workspace
2) open the class UndoableModelPropertySheetEntry
3) navigate to the method applyEditorValue()
4) replace the first if-block with:
if (editor == null || !editor.isActivated()) {
  return;
}

This works well in test runtime workspaces when I load the patched plugin with my own plugins. Then I exported the patched plugin to a JAR with a slightly different version and added it to my development Eclipse's dropins folder. However, the plugin is not loaded. Instead I still see the old one. Then I realized, that a lot of GMF plugins have hard coded dependencies to the fixed version of the unpatched plugin. So I changed the version of the patched plugin to be exactly the same as the original one. Then I deleted the original JARs (source+bin) from the plugin folder and added the patched ones to the dropins folder (dropins/gmfpatch/eclipse/plugins/).

Since the version string has not changed at all, just the location, I expected this to work. However, still the patched plugin is not loaded and the ErrorLog has no entry about it what so ever. So I tried to look into the target platform under preferences. And there I could see instead of an entry in the list the following error messages:

Error reading manifest for D:\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.emf.ui.properties _1.2.0.v20090501-1750.jar
Error reading manifest for D:\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.emf.ui.properties .source_1.2.0.v20090501-1750.jar

Any body has an idea why Eclipse (Galileo Modeling SR1) is not looking and loading these plugins from the dropins folder?

The plugins are loaded however, if I put them into my Eclipse's plugins folder. This is extremely ugly, though, as the patched plugins have to use the same version number and are hardly distinguishable as a patch.

Might this be a bug somewhere in Eclipse's plugin loading mechanism?

Thanks for answers!

Rob
Re: Error reading manifest for gmf plugin [message #671043 is a reply to message #514717] Mon, 16 May 2011 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rhodan76 Mising name is currently offline Rhodan76 Mising nameFriend
I have a similiar problem. Since today eclipse is claiming the same, if i try to reload the default target platform "Running Platform". Did you find an solution ?

Problems occurred getting the plug-ins in this container
  Error reading manifest for C:\Program Files (x86)\eclipse 3.6.1\plugins\java_cup.runtime_0.10.0.v201005080400.jar
  Error reading manifest for C:\Program Files (x86)\eclipse 3.6.1\plugins\javax.activation_1.1.0.v201005080500.jar
  Error reading manifest for C:\Program Files (x86)\eclipse 3.6.1\plugins\javax.jws_2.0.0.v201005080400.jar
  Error reading manifest for C:\Program Files (x86)\eclipse 3.6.1\plugins\javax.mail_1.4.0.v201005080615.jar
  Error reading manifest for C:\Program Files (x86)\eclipse 3.6.1\plugins\javax.wsdl_1.5.1.v201005080630.jar
Re: Error reading manifest for gmf plugin [message #673305 is a reply to message #671043] Mon, 23 May 2011 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rhodan76 Mising name is currently offline Rhodan76 Mising nameFriend
Just to let you know, i could "fix" this. Something seems to be corrupted in the eclipse wide settings. I had to remove the .eclipse folder under "c:\Documents and Settings\[User]\". Needless to say, that the "Installed Plugins" settings of your eclipse are gone then and has to be reconfigured. Sorry, but didn't find a better solution...

Re: Error reading manifest for gmf plugin [message #757398 is a reply to message #673305] Fri, 18 November 2011 09:11 Go to previous message
Peica  is currently offline Peica Friend
You may try to clean the source.info file from configuration/org.eclipse.equinox.source.
Previous Topic:Mapping of Ecore with packages
Next Topic:Documents about the generated Diagram project source code
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:50:05 GMT 2024