Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Prompt to Save Editor prior to Rename in View(Prompt to Save Editor prior to Rename in View)
Prompt to Save Editor prior to Rename in View [message #514624] Tue, 16 February 2010 04:48 Go to next message
Melanie  is currently offline Melanie Friend
I have a view and an editor. When I make a change to the editor, it is marked as dirty (e.g., there is an "*" in the title bar), yet when I try to Rename its associated resource in the view, it does not prompt me to Save changes if the editor is dirty. When performing a Rename in the View, how can I get the View to first prompt me to save changes if its associated editor is dirty?
Re: Prompt to Save Editor prior to Rename in View [message #514635 is a reply to message #514624] Tue, 16 February 2010 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dani Megert is currently offline Dani MegertFriend
Melanie wrote:
> I have a view and an editor. When I make a change to the editor, it
> is marked as dirty (e.g., there is an "*" in the title bar), yet when
> I try to Rename its associated resource in the view, it does not
> prompt me to Save changes if the editor is dirty. When performing a
> Rename in the View, how can I get the View to first prompt me to save
> changes if its associated editor is dirty?
What element do you rename?

Dani
Re: Prompt to Save Editor prior to Rename in View [message #514736 is a reply to message #514635] Tue, 16 February 2010 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm renaming the name of the resource in the view, using the built-in Rename functionality. The Rename should fail because its corresponding editor is dirty (there is a "*" indicating that is the case, and if I close the editor, it does prompt me to save changes), yet, the Rename from the proceeds. The view does not seem to recognize the fact that the resource is dirty.
Re: Prompt to Save Editor prior to Rename in View [message #514740 is a reply to message #514736] Tue, 16 February 2010 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dani Megert is currently offline Dani MegertFriend
Melanie wrote:
> I'm renaming the name of the resource in the view, using the built-in
> Rename functionality. The Rename should fail because its
> corresponding editor is dirty (there is a "*" indicating that is the
> case, and if I close the editor, it does prompt me to save changes),
> yet, the Rename from the proceeds. The view does not seem to
> recognize the fact that the resource is dirty.
This works fine for me. What editor are you talking about?

Dani
Re: Prompt to Save Editor prior to Rename in View [message #514774 is a reply to message #514740] Tue, 16 February 2010 15:36 Go to previous message
If I try the rename in the Project Explorer in the Eclipse development environment, it works properly. However, I have a custom view and a custom editor that work off of the same resource. I make a change to a field in the custom editor and it is marked as dirty, yet when I go to perform a rename of the resource in the project explorer, it doesn't recognize it as dirty and proceeds with the rename.
Previous Topic:Problems with Extending Ant Build Run with Ant tasks extensions
Next Topic:Best way to add drop support
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:33:25 GMT 2024