Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Mangrove » Welcome to Mangrove!
Welcome to Mangrove! [message #514521] Mon, 15 February 2010 16:52 Go to next message
Adrian Mos is currently offline Adrian MosFriend
We are very happy to welcome you to the Mangrove Project!

Mangrove is an exciting new project proposed under the SOA top-level project. It is a direct evolution of the existing STP Intermediate Model component which is available in the SOA Tool Platform Project, currently being replaced by the SOA project. The main goal of Mangrove is to unite different editors and platforms related to SOA in Eclipse in order to achieve a better integrated development and runtime environment for all things SOA.

More information about the proposal can be found here: http://eclipse.org/proposals/mangrove/

An older webinar explaining the original STP-IM, can be found at Eclipse Live. For other links and examples please refer to the STP-IM page and wiki.

Cheers,
Adrian.
Re: Welcome to Mangrove! [message #518180 is a reply to message #514521] Wed, 03 March 2010 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oliver Wolf is currently offline Oliver WolfFriend
Adrian,

I think the ideas behind Mangrove are excellent and I would expect Mangrove to be a big step forward in terms of integrating the various Eclipse-based tool components in the SOA space.

Consider this a big thumbs up both from myself and my organization, Sopera.

Oliver
Re: Welcome to Mangrove! [message #518188 is a reply to message #514521] Wed, 03 March 2010 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zsolt Beothy-Elo is currently offline Zsolt Beothy-EloFriend
Adrian,
I really like the idea of having similar models in differnt SOA projects and to integrate them via Mangrove, rather then having to define a common model. That will facilitate to better integrate the current projects withi the SOA platform and integrate new projects in the future. For SOA project purposes Mangrove is a crucial component to achieve the goal of creating a true platform.

Cheers,
Zsolt

P.S.: Looking forward to talk with you at EclipseCon what role Swordfish could play here.
Re: Welcome to Mangrove! [message #518956 is a reply to message #514521] Fri, 05 March 2010 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Oliver, Zsolt,

thank you for your interest and support! Looking forward to talking to you in detail at EclipseCON about Mangrove's role within the SOA TLP. Swordfish is certainly one of the main targets for Mangrove transformations and we need to define precisely what kind of artifacts should be generated for it.

Cheers,
Adrian.
Re: Welcome to Mangrove! [message #519355 is a reply to message #514521] Mon, 08 March 2010 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane Drapeau is currently offline Stephane DrapeauFriend
Hi Adrian,

I'm very happy to see the Intermediate Model component becomes a project.
Mangrove seems to be a very good way to integrate the different
projects of the new SOA TLP. You demonstrated it in the past by
integrating BPMN and SCA.

Looking forward to work together.

Cheers,

Stephane Drapeau
Obeo
Re: Welcome to Mangrove! [message #630589 is a reply to message #514521] Mon, 04 October 2010 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nita is currently offline NitaFriend
Hi Adrian,

This looks like a very interesting project. I am all for having good integration. How is the progress now?

Regards
Nita
Re: Welcome to Mangrove! [message #630668 is a reply to message #630589] Mon, 04 October 2010 14:07 Go to previous message
Hi Nita,

Thank you for your interest in the project.

We have migrated the code from the Intermediate Model to the Mangrove code base performing the required re-naming. You can refer to the link below for info on getting the code:
http://eclipse.org/mangrove/getting_involved.php

There will be more code contributions to this coming up in several areas, including BPEL generation support and the automatic builder.

Can you highlight your particular areas of interest where you see Mangrove fitting as well as if you have any suggestions or comments?

Thanks,
Adrian.
Previous Topic:Creation Review Successful!
Next Topic:Welcome to Mangrove!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:33:15 GMT 2024