Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » eclipselink dynamic weaving not working from remote computer
eclipselink dynamic weaving not working from remote computer [message #514179] Fri, 12 February 2010 17:29 Go to next message
Michal Ondrovic is currently offline Michal OndrovicFriend
Dear all,

I have troubles with dynamic weaving. In my entities I use manytoone lazy relations, so I need the dynamic weaving. My project is an enterprise application build with Netbeans 6.7.1, running on Glassfish 2.1.1, JDK6, Eclipselink 2.0.0. The project contains an ejb module and a swing client runned using java web start.
So to the problem:
Everything works great on localhost (client runned from netbeans or using JWS from browser). But when I run the client using JWS on another computer (tried Win7 and Ubuntu), entities which have manytoone lazy relations are returned to server empty - all attributes are null. They are loaded to client correctly, but by save, server receives empty entities... When I set the relation to EAGER, entities are returned (and saved) correctly.
I tried to set static weaving, but then my app throws nullpointer exceptions, when I try to load an manytoone lazy object.

Can anybody help me?

Thank you

Michael
Re: eclipselink dynamic weaving not working from remote computer [message #515692 is a reply to message #514179] Fri, 19 February 2010 19:31 Go to previous message
Chris Delahunt is currently offline Chris DelahuntFriend
Hello,

When using static weaving, the problem sounds like you are accessing an untriggered lazy relationship after serializing it. JPA does not allow this, as lazy relationships need to be accessed/triggered/fetched before serialization if the relationships are to be used after serialization. This is because a detached/serialized entity will no longer have access to its persistence context inorder to fetch the relationship. Could you be doing something similar when using dynamic weaving?

Best Regards,
Chris
Previous Topic:Check the connection and try to reconnect
Next Topic:NullPointerException on @VariableOneToOne
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:21:08 GMT 2024