Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Change environment variable before compiling
Change environment variable before compiling [message #513798] Thu, 11 February 2010 11:08 Go to next message
sebastien61 is currently offline sebastien61Friend
Hello,

I'm developping an Eclipse plugin for my own compiler. It may not be a link with this problem but I created a custom toolchain to enable to set particular options...

The compilation is ok when I add my compiler path in the PATH environment variable before launching eclipse. But, it would be interesting to change this path in Eclipse to compile with another version without restarting the IDE.

I tried to change the environment variable in the C/C++ Build > Build Variable but it did not solve my problem (compiler not found). It works when I replace my compiler by gcc.

My question will probably seem basic, it sounds that these tools are useful for that but I can not use them... Can anyone tell me how to do that ?

Thank you in advance
Re: Change environment variable before compiling [message #515639 is a reply to message #513798] Fri, 19 February 2010 15:32 Go to previous message
sebastien61 is currently offline sebastien61Friend
Allright I found the solution. It was such simple that I found somebody could help me.

To do that, I had to set the build variable in the C/C++ build > Environment, and not in C/C++ Build > Build Variables !

Previous Topic:Can't install exported plugin
Next Topic:Change environment variable before compiling
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:10:23 GMT 2024