Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Question about the org.eclipse.rap.flexdraw2d bundle and the Innoopract Informationssysteme GmbH.
Question about the org.eclipse.rap.flexdraw2d bundle and the Innoopract Informationssysteme GmbH. [message #513755] Thu, 11 February 2010 06:38 Go to next message
tingel christian is currently offline tingel christianFriend
Hi all experts:

It's a complex question and I hope I can express it correctly... Smile

My predecessor left the company with a bundle named org.eclipse.rap.flexdraw2d which is used to put all functions in org.eclipse.draw2d into RAP left. He made some modification to it but have forgotten the names of the files. So I have to get the original copy of the bundle and have a comparation with our current one to find out the modified files and make them opensource.

I have gotten some important information that indicates the bundle is contributed by the Innoopract Informationssysteme from the head comments of the java files.So I googled the key words "org.eclipse.rap.flexdraw2d", "Innoopract Informationssysteme GmbH".

To my supprise, the bundle is repositoried neither in Innoopract Informationssysteme itself (now eclipsesource.com) nor eclipse.org nor sourceforget.net but in the following location which seems to be located in Bulgaria and is the only entry to this bundle:
http://kplab.tu-sofia.bg/websvn/listing.php?repname=KPLab&am p;path=%2Forg.eclipse.rap.flexdraw2d%2F&rev=479&sc=0

However, the above link is not accessable anymore...

So I wonder what's the relationship between the http://kplab.tu-sofia.bg and Innoopract Informationssysteme GmbH, and how I can get an original copy of the org.eclipse.rap.flexdraw2d bundle?

Please feel free to inform me if I did not express myself clearly and any suggestion would be extremely appreciated .

Thanks a lot and Best Regards

Tingel Christian

------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------

The following is the annancement I found in head comments of files in org.eclipse.rap.flexdraw2d:

/*********************************************************** ********************
* Copyright (c) 2007 - 2008 Innoopract Informationssysteme GmbH
* All rights reserved. This program and the accompanying materials
* are made available under the terms of the Eclipse Public License v1.0
* which accompanies this distribution, and is available at
* http://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl-v10.html
* Contributors:
* Innoopract Informationssysteme GmbH - initial API and implementation
************************************************************ *******************/
Re: Question about the org.eclipse.rap.flexdraw2d bundle and the Innoopract Informationssysteme GmbH [message #513854 is a reply to message #513755] Thu, 11 February 2010 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jochen Krause is currently offline Jochen KrauseFriend
Hi Christian,

org.eclipse.rap.flexdraw2d was a proof of concept implementation that we (Innoopract, now EclipseSource) jointly developed with the technical university of Sofia. The code has never been publicly released, but we did provide it to some interested parties, we can do the same for you. The code base was intended as a proof that it can be done. If you have changes to this code base that you plan to release to third parties you need to make the changes available to us (EclipseSource) to comply with the EPL. It would be great if you could get in touch with us directly (jkrause _at_ eclipsesource *dot* com).

The code which was developed for the proof of concept is certainly not fit for wide scale adoption / production use. But if you / others would be interested in creating and maintaining a draw2d implementation for RAP that would be great!

Cheers, Jochen
Re: Question about the org.eclipse.rap.flexdraw2d bundle and the Innoopract Informationssysteme GmbH [message #514007 is a reply to message #513854] Fri, 12 February 2010 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks a lot, Jochen.

I will send you a mail later today:)

Best Regards

Tingel Christian

Jochen Krause wrote on Thu, 11 February 2010 09:10
Hi Christian,

org.eclipse.rap.flexdraw2d was a proof of concept implementation that we (Innoopract, now EclipseSource) jointly developed with the technical university of Sofia. The code has never been publicly released, but we did provide it to some interested parties, we can do the same for you. The code base was intended as a proof that it can be done. If you have changes to this code base that you plan to release to third parties you need to make the changes available to us (EclipseSource) to comply with the EPL. It would be great if you could get in touch with us directly (jkrause _at_ eclipsesource *dot* com).

The code which was developed for the proof of concept is certainly not fit for wide scale adoption / production use. But if you / others would be interested in creating and maintaining a draw2d implementation for RAP that would be great!

Cheers, Jochen

[Updated on: Fri, 12 February 2010 03:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Question about the org.eclipse.rap.flexdraw2d bundle and the Innoopract Informationssysteme GmbH [message #515801 is a reply to message #513854] Sun, 21 February 2010 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jochen:

I sent you a mail via a gmail address at 12th, Feb, did you recieve it?Looking forward to hearing from you Razz

Sorry for so long delay on this thread cos I had a seven-day-long vocation.

Thanks and Best Regards

Tingel Christian

Jochen Krause wrote on Thu, 11 February 2010 09:10
Hi Christian,

Cheers, Jochen

Re: Question about the org.eclipse.rap.flexdraw2d bundle and the Innoopract Informationssysteme GmbH [message #554820 is a reply to message #515801] Tue, 24 August 2010 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stu  is currently offline Stu Friend
Hi Jochen

As part of a research project for the University of York, in collaboration with the Eclipse Epsilon GMT team, I am attempting to provide an infrastructure for online graphical model editors. My research lead me to GMF and RAP. However, as RAP does not support draw2D it is not possible to interface with GMF.
I came across this post and I was wondering if there is any chance I would be able to obtain a copy of the package?
Many thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing from you soon

Stu
Re: Question about the org.eclipse.rap.flexdraw2d bundle and the Innoopract Informationssysteme GmbH [message #554856 is a reply to message #554820] Tue, 24 August 2010 14:44 Go to previous message
Austin Riddle is currently offline Austin RiddleFriend
Hi Stu,

Last week we ported a subset of Draw2D and GEF functionality into RAP. It runs on top of a modified GC implementation from RAP CVS HEAD. We have a GEF timeline implementation that we ported from RCP to RAP. It all works fine except for dragging of edit parts, which is a bit of a nag, but can be worked around. What are you interested in using it for? Could our implementation be of use to you? We are in the University environment as well.

Previous Topic:Starting of a new session
Next Topic:session does not timeout when expected
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:41:49 GMT 2024