Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » DSDP - Target Management » Problem with indexer (RSE/CDT)("Unresolved Inclusion" (using dstore server connection))
Problem with indexer (RSE/CDT) [message #513049] Mon, 08 February 2010 16:37 Go to next message
Timm  is currently offline Timm Friend
Hi,

what I've done yet:
- installed eclipse IDE for C/C++ developers
- installed RSE-runtime-plugin (version 3.1.1)
- installed a rse-server ("dstore") on another machine
- connected to the server within eclipse remote system explorer
-> created a remote project
-> rightclick on the project (in C++ project tab) -> properties -> C++ General -> Indexer:
* enable project specific settings
* Full C/C++ indexer
* activate the first four check boxes (Index source files not included in the build, index unused headers as C++ files ...)
* Apply (and wait for the 5000 files to be indiced)
(* pressed F5 to refresh after that)

Now, when i'm browsing through the source files, it still says "unresolved inclusion" whenever i use an "#include" (no matter if system library or just any header file of my project).

The indexing works fine without remote connection (locally).

Anybody has an idea what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance!
(sorry for my bad english)

P.s.: maybe i should add this: the resulting problem of the not-working indexing is, that i can't use the eclipse-features like code-completition and the search-functionality and and and...

[Updated on: Mon, 08 February 2010 16:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem with indexer (RSE/CDT) [message #526218 is a reply to message #513049] Fri, 09 April 2010 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Hi,

I got the same issue even with the default Indexer configuration.
When I add remote c++ Include path in my remote project properties, I can see the include path in the workspace but it does not contain file...

So I'm using dokan sshfs instead but it's not as reliable as RSE.

Thanks,

--
Nicolas
Re: Problem with indexer (RSE/CDT) [message #545892 is a reply to message #526218] Fri, 09 July 2010 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Luca  is currently offline Luca Friend
Hi,

I have exactly the same issue: indexing seems ongoing but at the end no symbols are found by the indexer.

There is some one that has been able to edit files on remote filesystem with indexer correctly working?

I'am using SFTP connection.

Nicolas: how about Dokan SSHFS? It's working fine with CDT/Indexing ? It's too slow?

Thanks,
Luca
Re: Problem with indexer (RSE/CDT) [message #545914 is a reply to message #545892] Fri, 09 July 2010 15:18 Go to previous message
Hi,

I finally understood that I cannot use the CDT indexer with remote file without installing an indexer on the remote host (through RSE server).

As I can't install the RSE server on the remote host, I keep my ugly solution:

Dokan sshfs: working but really not stable
Expand drive: working good

--
Nicolas

[Updated on: Fri, 09 July 2010 15:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem with indexer (RSE/CDT) [message #583532 is a reply to message #526218] Fri, 09 July 2010 14:41 Go to previous message
Luca  is currently offline Luca Friend
Hi,

I have exactly the same issue: indexing seems ongoing but at the end no symbols are found by the indexer.

There is some one that has been able to edit files on remote filesystem with indexer correctly working?

I'am using SFTP connection.

Nicolas: how about Dokan SSHFS? It's working fine with CDT/Indexing ? It's too slow?

Thanks,
Luca
Re: Problem with indexer (RSE/CDT) [message #583542 is a reply to message #583532] Fri, 09 July 2010 15:18 Go to previous message
Hi,

I finally understood that I cannot use the CDT indexer with remote file without installing an indexer on the remote host (through RSE server).

As I can't install the RSE server on the remote host, I keep my ugly solution:

Dokan sshfs: working but really not stable
Expand drive: working good
Previous Topic:SFTP Sync
Next Topic:CDT hover over capability for remote resources
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:24:13 GMT 2024