Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » Graphical editor model files for oAW workflow
Graphical editor model files for oAW workflow [message #513008] Mon, 08 February 2010 15:05 Go to next message
olgakrn is currently offline olgakrnFriend
Hi,
I have created using the Eclipse EMF / GMF framework a graphical editor. When I save my models I get xmi files. Now I want to process this file in oAW workflow in order to generate code from the models in EMF-GMF graphical editor.
Firstly I don't know how to connect .xmi file of my models to oAW workflow?
Secondly, do I have to make a separate openarchitectureware.project or can I just setup workflow in my current .diagram plug-in package?
Unfortunately, I could not found any instructions on reference documents or forums. Since I am a beginner in this arena I hope you understand my problem.
Thanking you in anticipation.

Olga
Re: Graphical editor model files for oAW workflow [message #513379 is a reply to message #513008] Tue, 09 February 2010 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karsten Thoms is currently offline Karsten ThomsFriend

Olga,

those .xmi files are serialized EMF models. Most oaw tutorials handle EMF based models and the Xpand project wizard creates a working example with an EMF model and its .ecore metamodel. You could use this sample project (File / New / Project / Xpand Project) you could replace the model by your own.
I strongly recommend following the Xpand tutorial (can be found in online help) to get more familiar.
Rgd. your other question: I would seperate the plugins, since they have different concerns.

Kind regards,
~Karsten

Need professional support for Xtext, EMF, Eclipse IDE?
Go to: http://devhub.karakun.com
Twitter : @kthoms
Blog : www.karsten-thoms.de
Re: Graphical editor model files for oAW workflow [message #513892 is a reply to message #513379] Thu, 11 February 2010 15:36 Go to previous message
olgakrn is currently offline olgakrnFriend
Hello Karsten,

Do you mean OAW tutorial from openArchitectureWare 4.3.1 documentation, as I could not find any place Xpand tutorial ?
Secondly, in using sample Xpand project, I got Model file with .xmi extension (Model.xmi) and the files generated from my EMF/GMF editor do not have .xmi extension. In order to replace sample model file (Model.xmi), do I have to change the extension of my one of my diagram file to .xmi ?
Sorry for my ignorance.

Olga
Previous Topic:[Xpand] Error in reading diagram files from GMF editor
Next Topic:[JET] Protected Areas
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:57:01 GMT 2024