Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » eBPM » Welcome to eclipse.ebpm
Welcome to eclipse.ebpm [message #511569] Tue, 02 February 2010 05:01 Go to next message
Eclipse Webmaster is currently offline Eclipse WebmasterFriend
Welcome to the Ebpm Project. The folks who requested this newsgroup will post a welcome message shortly, explaining what this exciting new group is all about. In the meanwhile, here is some more information about the Eclipse newsgroups:

Eclipse project proposals page:
http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/

Web access to this group:

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/eclipse.ebpm

This newsgroup is a public group, so please do not post private or personal information. If you have any questions about the Eclipse newsgroups, please contact webmaster@eclipse.org .

-- Eclipse Webmaster
Re: Welcome to eclipse.ebpm [message #514180 is a reply to message #511569] Fri, 12 February 2010 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Etienne Juliot is currently offline Etienne JuliotFriend
Hello,

I'm Etienne Juliot, a commiter on SCA project, a member of SOA IWG and I'm a contributor on Eclipse Modeling community.

I have two questions :
- what are your relation with the Eclipse Modeling MDT / BPMN2 project which aims to provide a referenced metamodel of the OMG BPMN2 standard ?
- I see you plan to do code generation. In SOA TLP, we already use Eclipse Acceleo project and if you want to use it, we will help you. (and it will be helpful in a view to have a consistency between SOA projects).
Re: Welcome to eclipse.ebpm [message #519619 is a reply to message #514180] Tue, 09 March 2010 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrea Zoppello is currently offline Andrea ZoppelloFriend
Hi Etienne,

Thank you for your interest, see my inline response:

1) The first version of eBPM project will rely on STP Intermediate Model ( will be Mangrove ) as it's metamodel... this is because there's already an integration between eclipse BPMN Modeler and the STP intermediate model.

Using the intermediate model let us to keep the code generation part separated from specific process modelling tools.

The focus of the project is to provide a BPM ( not necessary BPMN ) solution on top of OSGi.

BTW we're very interested in very interested in the BPMN2 metamodel and in a collaboration within it..., i think a very usefult thing will be to have a BPMN2 -> IM or to directly have the code generation part of eBPM starting from BPMN2 metamodel.

BTW a thing that is not clear to me is that if there is a BPMN2 Modeler as eclipse project, i'm not sure about that but i think that ( at the moment ) BPMN modeler is not using this...

2) Regards Acceleo, the initial code generators of eBPM will be java based ( we'll take the stp intermediate model ) and generate code for the technology we want.

Regards technology related to model transformation/code generators i'm really interested in..., so i see no problem in considering acceleo as a potential technology to look at.

Andrea

Re: Welcome to eclipse.ebpm [message #519711 is a reply to message #511569] Tue, 09 March 2010 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adrian Mos is currently offline Adrian MosFriend
Hi Andrea,

This looks like a very promising project indeed! I think that the Mangrove project is good fit for the transformations and this approach would be completely complementary to using transformation technology from Acceleo.

BPMN2 should be supported in the future by Mangrove as long as it becomes adopted by the BPMN modeler that is available in the SOA TLP.

Regarding transformations, I understand that you'll be using Mangrove to generate stuff for the BPM Gateway. I think that for monitoring information, the Mangrove instance could also be used to transport such monitoring data back into any kind of editors that are used in Eclipse SOA. So monitoring would be used not only to display such data in a console, but to feed it back to the editors which were used in the design of the deployed artifacts. Any thoughts on this?

Cheers,
Adrian.
Re: Welcome to eclipse.ebpm [message #575670 is a reply to message #511569] Fri, 12 February 2010 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Etienne Juliot is currently offline Etienne JuliotFriend
Hello,

I'm Etienne Juliot, a commiter on SCA project, a member of SOA IWG and I'm a contributor on Eclipse Modeling community.

I have two questions :
- what are your relation with the Eclipse Modeling MDT / BPMN2 project which aims to provide a referenced metamodel of the OMG BPMN2 standard ?
- I see you plan to do code generation. In SOA TLP, we already use Eclipse Acceleo project and if you want to use it, we will help you. (and it will be helpful in a view to have a consistency between SOA projects).
Re: Welcome to eclipse.ebpm [message #575694 is a reply to message #514180] Tue, 09 March 2010 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrea Zoppello is currently offline Andrea ZoppelloFriend
Hi Etienne,

Thank you for your interest, see my inline response:

1) The first version of eBPM project will rely on STP Intermediate Model ( will be Mangrove ) as it's metamodel... this is because there's already an integration between eclipse BPMN Modeler and the STP intermediate model.

Using the intermediate model let us to keep the code generation part separated from specific process modelling tools.

The focus of the project is to provide a BPM ( not necessary BPMN ) solution on top of OSGi.

BTW we're very interested in very interested in the BPMN2 metamodel and in a collaboration within it..., i think a very usefult thing will be to have a BPMN2 -> IM or to directly have the code generation part of eBPM starting from BPMN2 metamodel.

BTW a thing that is not clear to me is that if there is a BPMN2 Modeler as eclipse project, i'm not sure about that but i think that ( at the moment ) BPMN modeler is not using this...

2) Regards Acceleo, the initial code generators of eBPM will be java based ( we'll take the stp intermediate model ) and generate code for the technology we want.

Regards technology related to model transformation/code generators i'm really interested in..., so i see no problem in considering acceleo as a potential technology to look at.

Andrea
Re: Welcome to eclipse.ebpm [message #575762 is a reply to message #511569] Tue, 09 March 2010 18:02 Go to previous message
Adrian Mos is currently offline Adrian MosFriend
Hi Andrea,

This looks like a very promising project indeed! I think that the Mangrove project is good fit for the transformations and this approach would be completely complementary to using transformation technology from Acceleo.

BPMN2 should be supported in the future by Mangrove as long as it becomes adopted by the BPMN modeler that is available in the SOA TLP.

Regarding transformations, I understand that you'll be using Mangrove to generate stuff for the BPM Gateway. I think that for monitoring information, the Mangrove instance could also be used to transport such monitoring data back into any kind of editors that are used in Eclipse SOA. So monitoring would be used not only to display such data in a console, but to feed it back to the editors which were used in the design of the deployed artifacts. Any thoughts on this?

Cheers,
Adrian.
Previous Topic:Process monitoring
Next Topic:Creation Review Successfull!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:37:18 GMT 2024