Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » @EntityListeners not inherited when TABLE_PER_CLASS inheritance strategy is used?
@EntityListeners not inherited when TABLE_PER_CLASS inheritance strategy is used? [message #511533] Mon, 01 February 2010 22:31 Go to next message
Frank Sauer is currently offline Frank SauerFriend
we have a class hierarchy where a base class X (@MappedSuperclass) has an @EntityListeners annotation and this works great for most classes (@Entity) extending this base class. It also works when there are multiple intermediate classes in the hierarchy that are also @MappedSuperclass. However we have one subclass Y (@Entity) of X which is a intermediate base class for a bunch of concrete subclasses and it uses the TABLE_PER_CLASS strategy. The @PostLoad method in X is not invoked for any of these concrete subclasses of Y and I can't figure out why. As far as I can tell there is nothing in the spec that prevents this. Any ideas? Is this a known bug? We use eclipselink 1.1.1

Thanks,

Frank
Re: @EntityListeners not inherited when TABLE_PER_CLASS inheritance strategy is used? [message #511537 is a reply to message #511533] Mon, 01 February 2010 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
forgot to mention that when I copy the @EntityListeners annotation from the baseclass X to the concrete subclasses of Y it works....but I don't think I should have to do this
Re: @EntityListeners not inherited when TABLE_PER_CLASS inheritance strategy is used? [message #512258 is a reply to message #511533] Thu, 04 February 2010 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Sutherland is currently offline James SutherlandFriend

>> We use eclipselink 1.1.1

Hmm, I didn't think we supported TABLE_PER_CLASS until EclipseLink 1.2. Perhaps I am mistaken. Can you try the latest 2.0 release? If still not working please log a bug.

James : Wiki : Book : Blog : Twitter
Re: @EntityListeners not inherited when TABLE_PER_CLASS inheritance strategy is used? [message #513114 is a reply to message #511533] Mon, 08 February 2010 21:46 Go to previous message
I confirmed this behavior is unchanged using eclipselink 2.0.0 and will file a bug in bugzilla. Unfortunately it is very hard to extract a self-contained testcase from my domain.
Previous Topic:Query for boolean
Next Topic:Mapping entity property to stored functioncall - possible?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:30:12 GMT 2024